Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • whats a good printer for home?
  • daftvader
    Free Member

evening…
    Included in the requirements for minivader returning to school and me potentially setting up a business we need a printer as our old one gave up the ghost ages ago. so what’s good for photos, general printing and presentation type of things?
    Cheers

mrblobby
    Free Member

A B&W laser for text, documents, etc. (I got a Samsung one.) And a cheap inkjet for photos and a bit of occasional colour work.

daftvader
    Free Member

needs to be a single unit due to space issues

mogrim

We had a thread on this last week: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/home-printers-are-they-all-carp

My recommendation: a Canon.

daftvader
    Free Member

cool cheers will have a brows on that thread

cheers_drive

I was the op on that thread, despite stating that I was going to go for a colour laser in the end I went for the HP officejet 8620 with the cashback offer. For lowish use with colour it seems the best option.

daftvader
    Free Member

will have a look at that, thanks

integerspin
    Free Member

I wanted a colour laser, to print waterslide decals for bike frames.
    I picked up a lovely condition Laserjet 1600 which is still going on
    the same toners it came with after a year. It cost me 10 quid from the friday-ad!
    It prints all our stuff great. We have a laserjet 4000 and a photoinkjet. Neither have had any use, as far as I know, since I got the colour laser.

spooky_b329

Make sure its future-proofed, i.e its Wifi direct. Then you can print/scan from iPhones, Android, tablets, Chromebooks etc and also remotely.

Double-sided printing is also a nice feature and should really be mandatory to get an energy efficient rating by now.

I recommend the HP Photosmart 5520.

alexpalacefan

Whatever comes up on Freecycle next.

APF

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘whats a good printer for home?’ is closed to new replies.