Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What's a good dry lube?
  • boxelder

For road and cross bike/commuter, so won't be regularly covered in filth.
    Finish Line?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I get on well with Finish Line Dry, lasts quite well even in the wet. Not cheap, but works well, and a decent sized bottle will last a while.

I did try Halfords dry once as a cheap option, but it didn't go on as well – too lumpy.

GHill

Squirt? Works well on the MTB and would assume it'll be fine in cleaner conditions.

busydog
    Free Member

Can you get White Lightning there in the UK. I have tried about every kind I could find and still like it best–I lube about every third ride and it keeps chain really clean in dusty/dry riding conditions here, so think it would work on a cross/commute ride.

boxelder

Thanks so far. Others??
    Not sure dry/dusty performance is much use here now!

DickBarton

Squirt, seems to have sorted out my chain/drivetrain since I started using it – also strangely enough I'm convinced I get extra life out the cassette/jockey wheels and chainrings – only evidence I have of that is the lack of frequency of me buying these parts – bike is 18 months old and I've only replaced the cassette and chainrings once – obviously also dependant on how many miles I'm doing but I'd say over the last 4 years I'm doing more in the last 18 than I have done previous.

busydog
    Free Member

I use it in the winter as well, including riding in snow and muddy slop with no problems, but don't likely ride in as much wet stuff as you do in the UK.

Cougar

http://www.in2dust.co.uk/

"Contact us" for a free sample.

aracer
    Free Member

Can you get White Lightning there in the UK.

Yes – that's what I use on my road bike most of the year. Stays far cleaner than anything else I've ever tried, though doesn't cope too well with lots of rain.

jedi

rock and roll a

juiced ceramic

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

white lightning or Squirt imho

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What's a good dry lube?’ is closed to new replies.