Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What's 323 miles away from Richmond Park?
  • eckinspain
    Free Member

Is there a website somewhere (or an option in Google maps) that will show me all the places that are x miles away from a certain location? I would want to see the distance by road not as the crow flies so a simple radius wouldn’t work.

slimjim78
    Free Member

You could always click between 2 points on Google maps theb adjust end point to get the distance you require

robdob
    Free Member

If someone has done a journey of X miles and you want to know where they came from it could be impossible to find out as you don’t know the route. If they took the quickest route you might be able to find out but if they made any detour or went a weird way (e.g we go down south via M1 to SW rather than round Manchester as we prefer it but a route planner wouldn’t take you that way) then you don’t have a chance.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    STATO
    Free Member

Given google maps gives you 2 or 3 route options with different distances between the same points, Id guess there are infinite destinations 323 miles from Richmond park, one of them being Richmond park!

eckinspain
    Free Member

A friend cycled 323 miles round Richmond Park in 24 hours on Sunday and I wanted to find out where else he could have gone. Through a bit of trial and error I’ve found Newcastle and Eindhoven so far!

dknwhy

Radius map tool here.

theflatboy
    Free Member

I heard about that ride on 10,000km CC – I was contemplating going down for a few laps on Saturday morning but didn’t get a chance. Excellent effort, very impressive!

eckinspain
    Free Member

thanks for that dknwhy, though it just shows straight line distance. It’s amazing how much further you get if you don’t need to follow roads.

theflatboy – yeah I popped down on Saturday morning to say hello (not riding) – they had quite a lot of people to ride with which was great.

timc
    Free Member

I’m going to go for affordable housing

jambalaya
    Free Member

Twickenham via a very scenic route ?

brakeswithface

You need to talk to the makers of the Proclaimers 500 miles map. http://www.citylab.com/commute/2014/06/the-corrected-geography-of-the-proclaimers-500-miles/372476/

aracer
    Free Member
    jonba
    Free Member

I was going to suggest Newcastle. Kingscross to Newcastle Central is 300miles by bike.

antigee

thought the normal journalism thing was to select an obscure northern declining industrial city and say that its nearly all the way to Newcastle Under Lyme and back – though actually you’d be pretty much spot on if you said its as far as the Eddie Stobart depot at Whitmore Road, Swynnerton ST5 4 just off the M6 at junction 15 162 miles each way but that includes using the M6 toll

onehundredthidiot

323miles, my house through some nice country roads.

nathb
    Free Member

That ride has crazy stats:
    24 hours
    323 miles
    15mph average

Went passed them on Saturday, I can’t do RP anti clockwise though my OCD doesn’t allow 😆

eckinspain
    Free Member

The Eddie Stobart depot and back – nice, though I guess the M6 toll would be a bit hairy.

BigJohn

Outer space if you head straight up or a very hot Hades if you go the other way.

But if you did go to that Stobart depot you’re going to find yourself only a mile away from a lovely ride around Hanchurch woods and Trentham Gardens where the original Sleepless used to be held.
    Park at the Mainwairing Arms which is a lovely pub.

senorj

I reckon Embleton , between Cockermouth & Bassenthwaite lake is pretty close.

scud
    Free Member

Def. Newcastle, i did Newcastle to London (finishing at Smithfields Market) and that was 312 miles, so wouldn’t take much to add few extra miles.

swanny853

This website suggests pretty much anything up to the scottish border bar the far end of cornwall, most of belgium and a reasonable amount of france, down to about le mans (guessing that’s based on not counting the ferry crossing!).

swanny853

I’m also not sure if that included motorways- I asked it not to but hard to tell

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What's 323 miles away from Richmond Park?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts