Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 176 total)
  • What're the chances of this going ahead (contraversial content)
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

having been to WooTang Bassett (and currently residing within shooting distance) I can wholeheartedly support Binners suggestion.

oldgit
    Free Member

FFS have the march but not there. WB has become symbolic if people can't see that 'they' just want to piss on the graves then we have some very dim people here.
    May I suggest Downing Street or Trafalgar Square.

Northwind

Dalesrider, do you realise that none of the quotes you posted actually support the final line of your post in the slightest? In fact, most of the quotes show a religion that's relatively liberal in its way of dealing with dissent and opposition. "Allah is with those that restrain themselves" "Sit not with them" "turn away from the ignorant" "when the ignorant address them, they say "peace" "Bear then, with patience, all that they say"- these are all quotes from your post yet show completely the opposite to what you claim.

The idea of this march isn't, I think, a bad one. But it's still stupid. It'll be terrible publicity and polarise public opinion. It'll be seen as disrespectful even if it isn't- and in the end, regardless of what the organisers say it most likely will contain unsavoury elements, extremists will use it as a platform. And there most likely will be trouble too. The location's just a mistake, they could have had the same march in any major town in the UK without it being so problematic. Perhaps the organisers believe there's no such thing as bad publicity… A lot of us marched against the war in the first place and we've been proved right, you don't have to be an extremist or even religious to be against this war.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Northwind another STW non reader and taking what they want from the post
    Read it again and comprehend.
    Also what have I claimed ?

oldgit
    Free Member

The answer is simply no they can not march there wether they are entitled to or not, much in the same way it would be wrong to carry out this march at the site of the twin towers or to lay a reef at Auschwitz in memory of the SS troops that died there. It is simply wrong.

Northwind

Dalesrider- this:

"The hadith and other writings suggest death is the proper punishment for someone who insults Muhammad."

You posted a list of moderate islamic quotations then signed it off with this, when everything that went before contradicts it. Now, if I'm taking that out of context then I apologise but I've read your post again, and that's exactly what it says.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Oldgit, spot on.
    To give another viewpoint on the subject, if anybody tried organising one in the memory of the killed Wehrmacht, Gestapo or Waffen SS soldiers in Auschwitz or any other place in Poland they'd be charged with inciting hatred and promoting fascism. If the authorities didn't stop the organisers, bricks, baseball bats and other implements would.
    I'm not saying it's right to beat the daylight out of the Muslims wanting to protest but the only place for them to do it is their beloved Muslim country, be it Iran, Iraq or Saudi Arabia.
    You Brits tolerate too much nonsense and are losing your right to live a normal life in your own country.
    Before some PC-fanatic says I'm a hateful individual, I wish CFH's suggestion was workable.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I've always felt that the best way to deal with religious extremists is to mock them publically so that they realise that their extreme views hold no interest for the majority of people in the UK. To that end I say that they should be welcomed into Wootton Bassett by John Barrowman in drag hurling bacon at them whilst bearded women in swimsuits offer a beard plaiting and trimming service to all those taking part in the march.

You may think I'm making light of a serious situation but the only other option is for the police to patrol the event so heavily that there will undoubtedly be some kind of problem due to high levels of tension and the the end result (an almightly punchup) will only be used by the extrememists to demonstrate to the rest of the world why they think the UK is a corrupt state. Thats why I say we should let them march but take the p**s out of them for every step they take.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think a march to the site of the 9-11 bombing to lay a wreath to the terrorists would be more of an apt comparison to Auschwitz wreath laying- not a good comparison at all.
    Why should they protest in a foreign country about our actions – seems a truly ludicrous proposition.

are losing your right to live a normal life in your own country.

I think the point they are making is that some people really are loosing their right to life at our hands -this is true we are killing innocent people [collatoral damage]in foreign lands – it is beyond doubt.
    You cannot try and pretend that there is a distinction between yourself and other authoritarian [islamic?] regimes if you will not allow distastefull lawful protest. It is what makes a democracy a democracy

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

I don't agree with all reasons for being out there .. however I have considered going to WB (my parents live near there) to pay my respects.

I have much admiration for any member of the military;
    They are volutarily going into difficult situations. i.e. they choose to sign up to join, so we don't have to.

if they didn't then National Service may come back .. and a lot of us who choose not go in to the military, and choose not to 'believe' in these wars would suddenly have no choice but to do so or live elsewhere .. whatever our religious/political background.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

"The hadith and other writings suggest death is the proper punishment for someone who insults Muhammad."

You posted a list of moderate islamic quotations then signed it off with this, when everything that went before contradicts it. Now, if I'm taking that out of context then I apologise but I've read your post again, and that's exactly what it says.
    Then I think I said
    Bollox

hora
    Free Member

I have much admiration for any member of the military;
    They are volutarily going into difficult situations. i.e. they choose to sign up to join, so we don't have to.

if they didn't then National Service may come back .. and a lot of us who choose not go in to the military, and choose not to 'believe' in these wars would suddenly have no choice but to do so or live elsewhere .. whatever our religious/political background.

I totally disagree with National Service.
    A. We are not a militarised society. By definition we are a western democracy.
    B. Exactly. They chose to join up but its time to come home and stop the senseless waste.

'Fighting the war on terror' is a disgusting waste of life and resources.

You heard that? WASTE.

TooTall
    Free Member

So – Dales_rider – you're not a scholar then? I was hoping for some education in something other than cut, copy and paste (which didn't back up your initial post on this thread BTW). Shame – I thought you might have something to back up your assertion of the violent religion.

hora
    Free Member

the violent religion

Just like the Paedophile Catholic Priests it doesnt mean ALL Catholics are Paedophiles now does it?

So. Why are you blanket-covering Islam as a violent religion? Did you open any books at school? Xenaphobia at best and a poor troll.

grumm
    Free Member

sorry double post

grumm
    Free Member

and are losing your right to live a normal life in your own country.

lay a reef at Auschwitz in memory of the SS troops that died there.

Except that if you really want to use your analogy in this case we (Britain) are the equivalent of the SS – ie the ones who carried out an illegal war of aggression causing the deaths of many people.

El-bent
    Free Member

This thread…Jesus.

hora
    Free Member

Some folk on here will bum the UK military forces no matter what without actually questioning (or standing up) and asking 'are these soldiers now sacrificing their lives for a lost cause'?

We are not a militarised society. We do not have national service therefore (in theory) you should be able to form your own thoughts and opinions without accepting what a Politician decides to do with our armed forces.

In addition, they are not fighting an army. They are fighting Guerillas not a nation(they dont have tanks, sophisticated weoponary/missiles or planes do they?) so please dont call it a war.

El-bent
    Free Member

Oops, wrong prophet.

Just love the Islam-haters on here.
    I dont just hate that one religion, we all know they are all bunkum.
    There is only one true religion PASTAFARIANISM

There's a religion worshiping wheat based products originating from Italy?

Excellent.

Northwind

Dalesrider wrote,

"Then I think I said
    Bollox"

Oh, well all is clear now 😕 What's bollox?

duckman

Hora;I have just read the comments posted on the website linked above,pretty scary.Open taunts about 7/7/=not doing their religion any favours IMO. Does not seem to feature too many of the peaceful majority we have heard about from a number of the posters above. Have a look.

One other point, does anybody really think this shower are going to march as a protest or as a provocation? Lets get all the British troops out of the Middle East and let them get back to killing each other, rather than our young men, something they have always been been very good at. Afghanistan and Iraq have NEVER had any form of Democracy, why is it our problem to try and introduce it?

Irony is alive and well in the idea of a Muslim group using their Democratic right to protest to introduce a set of laws that will remove everybody's (theirs included) right to protest

Junkyard
    Free Member

Again under democracy even idiots have the right to protest.

Afghanistan and Iraq have NEVER had any form of Democracy, why is it our problem to try and introduce it?

Iran not a democracy REALLY never in its 4000 year history? even the Iranian revolution had a referendum to remove the monarch/Shah in 1979 iirc making them slightly more democratic than us. There current president was also elected – though the result is questionable to put it mildly.
    Historically UK forced a PM change during WW2 to a pro UK son of the current PM iirc – someone anyway and also supported a failed coup in 50's I think US then took over our role as oppressor – why do you think they hate us so much over there? It is not random.
    Afghanistan – well after the third anglo – afghani war it gained independence from us [UK] in 1918 – after being a pawn in the Great Game – the fight between UK and Russia for imperialistic control /influence in middle east- for about 100 years [when it then became a pawn in the cold war]- we also created and enhanced some of the tribal divides that still cause issues today.

Yes can’t see why either of these has anything to do with us either: roll:

Irony is alive and well in the idea of a Muslim group using their Democratic right to protest to introduce a set of laws that will remove everybody's (theirs included) right to protest

That is not what they are protesting for though is it?

TooTall
    Free Member

hora – Member

the violent religion

Just like the Paedophile Catholic Priests it doesnt mean ALL Catholics are Paedophiles now does it?

So. Why are you blanket-covering Islam as a violent religion? Did you open any books at school? Xenaphobia at best and a poor troll.

You really do need to read the posts I'm referring to before you sound off at me you chump.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Afghanistan and Iraq have NEVER had any form of Democracy, why is it our problem to try and introduce it?

Well if that is the case, then it is only because it was not in Britain's interests that either Afghanistan, or Iraq, be democracies.

Don't forget, Britain has not been a democracy for that long. During most of the time since Britain has been a democracy, Britain has either occupied, controlled, or heavily interfered in the affairs of both Afghanistan and Iraq.

Here's an example :

"In World War I the British invaded Iraq in their war against the Ottoman Empire; Britain declared then that it intended to return to Iraq some control of its own affairs. Nationalist elements, impatient over delay in gaining independence, revolted in 1920 but were suppressed by the British. Late that year the Treaty of Sèvres established Iraq as a mandate of the League of Nations under British administration, and in 1921 the country was made a kingdom headed by Faisal I. With strong reluctance an elected Iraqi assembly agreed in 1924 to a treaty with Great Britain providing for the maintenance of British military bases and for a British right of veto over legislation. By 1926 an Iraqi parliament and administration were governing the country. The treaty of 1930 provided for a 25-year alliance with Britain. The British mandate was terminated in 1932, and Iraq was admitted to the League of Nations."

http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/world/A0858896.html

DavidB
    Free Member

If you were a radical organisation wanting a few more hits on your website and some more recruits, would you:-

a) sign up for google adwords
    b) put up a post suggesting a march to a town very much at the heart of the nation..and hope it goes viral

Well done all the internet heros for making b) a reality. There will be no march, it was never planned, but now there will be many many more recruits.

We deserve everything we get.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Except that if you really want to use your analogy in this case we (Britain) are the equivalent of the SS – ie the ones who carried out an illegal war of aggression causing the deaths of many people.

You are a total idiot if you for a moment think comparing UK soldiers to SS stands. Since when are they executing women, children and elderly? Since when do they ask civilians to dig their own graves? Since when do they pacify entire towns leaving no soul alive and no stone unturned? Since when do they set up concentration camps?
    I sincerely hope it's your ignorance rather than stupidity that makes you write such comparisons.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You are a total idiot if you for a moment think comparing UK soldiers to SS stands…………I sincerely hope it's your ignorance rather than stupidity that makes you write such comparisons.

Why, have you got a monopoly over making stupid comparisons ? ………… how bizarre 😕

And yes, comparing a march in WB by a bunch of divs in memory of all the civilians who have died in Afghanistan, with, quote : " organising one in the memory of the killed Wehrmacht, Gestapo or Waffen SS soldiers in Auschwitz", was indeed a very stupid comparison.

duckman

Junkyard;I am a history teacher,I am well aware of the histrical context of the great game.I talked about Iraq, not Iran which if you want to go back 4000 years was part of the Persian Empire.It has for lets say, the "modern age" of empire building by the Great Powers,never had a democratically elected Government.Bearing in mind the fact that the first one in the UK was in 1928, the concept of democracy, while enshrined in the city state ideals of ancient Greece is a new one.Afghanistan was impossible to subdue because of the fact that any invading country is fighting a whole collection of different tribes in difficult terrain.Despite the brutal methods used then as now to achieve this.

Created and enhanced tribal divides

Sorry, they were always there.The first british commander (MacNaughton?) complained the tribes were unreliable as all they were interested in were better ways to kill their Neighbours, when we were trying to unite them to "protect" India. But if it makes you more able to justify your viewpont,fair enough.What about the 4000 years before that?

BACK ON TOPICThe wesite linked above is aBout the introduction of Islamic law in the uk. Marching to complain about Muslim dead is designed to inflame opinion about Muslims, making the job of the silent moderates impossible.

backhander
    Free Member

They have a right to protest. I would like to see a nice "welcoming parade" of the parachute regiment to wave them on in WB. Shame for them to march on empty streets and all that.

IanMunro
    Free Member

The bloke organising it was interviewed onto the Today Programme this morning. Probably available on BBC's listen again, if anyone is interested.

genesis
    Free Member

Did someone say we live in a Demorcacy?

alex222
    Free Member

moderate muslim = oxymoron. Its the stupidest idea ever but there no way any one will stop it as we are too scared to be un pc. Oh yes I think we should have never gone to any muslim state in the first place.

andyruss
    Free Member

Intresting thread.Seems to bring the worst out in some of us.If history has taught us one thing it has to be that religion and hate go hand in hand.If people of any belief are not happy here LEAVE there are no locks on the doors.As for religion!!!!!!!!!

Dales_rider
    Free Member

I walked up to my local churches yesterday and berated and insulted them about their religious beliefs. Insulted their god his holy trinity and all the apostles
    I waved posters telling them their god was a fraud, pictures of Jesus in compromising positions with Mary Magdalene [made up of course and not reproducible here].
    Ranting they would all burn in hell.
    Got some Tuts and "Come and join us and see what the faith is all about"

I'm off down the Mosque on Friday……..

jonzo
    Free Member

Check this out!
    http://www.islam4uk.com/current-affairs/latest-news/423-islamic-big-ben-screensaver

How would it be accepted if Christianity4Saudi.com hosted a downloadable screensaver depicting a christian cross on Kaaba?

Just hypothetical of course, I'm an atheist by the way…

markfu
    Free Member

Anyone on here who seriously thinks that Islam4uk have genuinely good reasons for this march, and should be allowed to carry it out are:

a) Seriously deluded, and should just have a quick look at what they stand for.

b) Trolling

Islam4UK are a front for terrorists, this planned march is nothing more than a deliberate attempt to inflame and divide. The Muslim Council of Britain are appalled by this, and have nothing but contempt for the group in general (As do the vast majority of Muslims).

BermBandit
    Free Member

Minute number of extremists seek to provoke kneejerk reactions to promote their aims Shocker!!

Bit like the donks at the BNP basically. Always the same with a democracy… the big drawback being that by its nature it has to apply to all, even nutters like these otherwise it isn't one! Far and away the best route is to totally ignore them in "Leave it Garf..they ain't worf it" stylee

MrWoppit
    Free Member

"Islam4UK."

Bum.

Holes.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Deluded to let someone I oppose protest – I know how very undemocratic of me.
    Dales rider – how about going and calling people at an abortion clinic murderers? Or walk into a pub and call people a bunch of feckless alcoholics ?Abuse people at the Job centre for being lazy , abuse trail centre riders for their bikes and choices etc… It is hardly difficult to provoke a reaction from people when you are being offensive so what exactly is your point?

moderate muslim = oxymoron. Its the stupidest idea ever

I agree what you have said is indeed very stupid 🙄

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Dales rider – how about going and calling people at an abortion clinic murderers? Or walk into a pub and call people a bunch of feckless alcoholics ?Abuse people at the Job centre for being lazy , abuse trail centre riders for their bikes and choices etc… It is hardly difficult to provoke a reaction from people when you are being offensive so what exactly is your point?

Done all of them particularly like the Trail centre rider abuse bit like posting on STW to be honest. Always get some sanctimonious bastard who things they are better. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 176 total)

The topic ‘What're the chances of this going ahead (contraversial content)’ is closed to new replies.