Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Whatever happened to Joey Deacon?
  • user-removed
    Free Member

You know, the celebrity who threw his shoes off the boat? Blue Peter championed his carer who claimed to be able to understand his warblings (I believe her fwiw).

Is he still around? I’m guessing not but would be delighted to be proved wrong.

jekkyl

His name was an insult and said in a certain way, when I was at primary school.

lucien

In before the “you know what”

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

“Today, we’ll be making a banhammer using only toilet rolls, PVA glue, Bolivian marching powder the tears of a tortured tortoise and pure cheese. Here’s a hammer I made earlier and I will now use it on my co-presenters.

*bop*
    *bop*
    *bop*
    …….aaaaand the rest of the crew
    *bop*
    *bop*
    *bop*

Hey – who turned out the lights..?”

Pigface
    Free Member

Joooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyy

Never have good intentions so spectacularly backfired.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Deacon

yunki
    Free Member

There is a kid at my son’s nursery who’s first name is Deacon so I guess that times have changed..

Unless his middle name is Joey

Houns

Kinda glad he died In that year so he didn’t have to suffer any further torment 🙁

wilko1999
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure the tongue in front of your bottom teeth, making that eeeuuggh-euuuggghhh noise is now global. Didn’t that all stem from Joey on Blue Peter? Terrible really, we used to do it all the time at school, and call people Joey etc. Kids are horrible! The code of the schoolyard did not suffer fools lightly

zippykona

He was our only celebrity in Caterham unless you count Tina Charles.

DezB
    Free Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Deacon

Makes for pretty sad reading that.
    All this Political Correctness lark started in the 80s, so us 70s kids had no qualms using disabled people’s names as insults. At least we now understand that it was pretty wrong.

[edit] Although I’m certain that there are STWers that were pc in the 70s too. I can tell.

jumble
    Free Member

He was our only celebrity in Caterham unless you count Tina Charles.

She had an amazing number of gold discs stuck on the wall of her front room facing the front window. So I reckon she has to count just on flashy show the neighbours style.

user-removed
    Free Member

Kkf – great minds… Or something.

zippykona

She had an amazing number of gold discs stuck on the wall of her front room facing the front window. So I reckon she has to count just on flashy show the neighbours style.

I know, I could hardly miss it when delivering her paper.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Whatever happened to Joey Deacon?’ is closed to new replies.