Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 264 total)
  • Whatever happened to . . . . . former STW'ers
  • sofaking
    Free Member

Hi Martin, was chatting with psling at the weekend and we might have a social gathering/ride in the FOD sometime soon.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

riggsy looks about 8

I'm well up for a couple of nights in the slaughtered lamb

it might even persuade andyc and salsaboy to come out of grumpy retirement

sofaking
    Free Member

salsaboy is nursing a dodgy knee and afaik he wont be riding too much soon 😕

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I would love to come up, but I don't really get the time to ride much any more, but as beer may well be involved I may just camp out in the pub for the weekend, just like normal…

oldgit
    Free Member

Is that Kim Clarke in that piccy? he was a top man.

salsaboy

I'd be up for a drink in the Forest of Dean. Just one drink mind you.

Who remembers the raid on the Parrot forum?

zaskar
    Free Member

2002… many moons ago!

And stw was friendly! 😉

Conor
    Free Member

Conor…

Didn't say much, but nice bloke 😉

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Andy, can you do just the one? :mrgreen:
    Re FOD, the locals were scary

but it was safe in our* bed 😯

* Well I stayed in the pub, but the others…

white101

I started on here on 2001 as idt, used to work nightshifts for BT back then and would only get to log on around 3 in the morning for a hour or so. There used to be a little panel down the side of the screen telling you who was logged in and how many guests, there only ever used to be about 4-5 at that time of the morning. I remember some girl who worked in tv (i think).

Farticus

Seems to ring a bell now, think Tim had just moved up to the area iirc?

That's right, Drac.

Nice to see there's still plenty of people around from back when, and that we all seem to have good memories of what it was like. I guess that means we're all middle-aged farts, then :-). I am.

nickc

Who remembers the raid on the Parrot forum?

My only banning 😳

I got a very cross email from Chips….

salsaboy

I got the same email Nick.
    I can even remember I used the name The Crow that Knows.

CountZero

So many names I remember. This site provided many hours of slacking-off time back when I was paid to sit in front of a Mac screen. Rather lost the riding mojo over the last year or so, but still got my bikes. I can lay the blame on this site for planting the seed about singlespeeds, which germinated into an On-One 853. Had to be, really. Glad there's still originals on here from back in 2003 when I finally joined.

Blackhound

I go back to the go-far days but have never been a prolific poster. Recall a number of the posters above. Also went to Shatfest, twice, which was fun – where is Jez and co?

Riding a bit more on the road currently due to time restrictions tough did SSEC last weekend bumping into a few old faces. I have recently been made redundant and from October will have plenty of time to ride my bike – can't wait….

rOcKeTdOg

blimey it's like an old folks home in here…..someone put vera lynn on and we'll have a sing song

🙂

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I have recently been made redundant

Sorry to hear that Kev/blackhound.

I've been on here since around 02ish under various names: andrew-f, derbyandrew and probably others that i don't remember. It has calmed down a lot (tho' it was always at its calmest when the temporary mods took over – usually at Christmas – and they always seemed to include the most easily offended people going (was one of these Polly? Or is my failing memory failing me?)

Never really met that many folks off here – i'm far too antisocial – but did nearly go on a ss ride down a german mine until it didn't happen (was it phatlizard that was organising it?)

<chuckles> the_prawn <shakes head>

SST
    Free Member

hmmm – I vaguely remember seeing pictures on here of the "German Mine" thing!

It was miles and miles of disused mine. . . . . in Germany . . . 😯

salsaboy

theprawn did provide some excellent "banter".

Hairychested
    Free Member

peteimpreza – Member

Fred is back as Talkemada.
    Are you? If so, let's talk Liverpool 😉

nicklouse
    Free Member

What ever happened to the Friday Kylie thread?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

I remember some girl who worked in tv (i think).

probably Sara, she worked in the transmission centre for ITV

Drac

Yup she did. Now us organiser for races including the kielder 100.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

and still also working in TV transmission

in fact back then she probably still worked for some london TV channel the name of which i forget. it went tits up and Sara somewhat notoriously swore live on air 😆

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

Was it the one that did the "topless darts" program?
    Based in Cannery Wharf

plant
    Free Member

Anyone still have a link to the Picolax thread – brightened many an hour whilst leg in frame!

I'm sorry to say, I don't recall the author but the thread has to be one of the internet legends ……

Where's BP and his on-line builds and drunken nights babysitting?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Was it the one that did the "topless darts" program?
    Based in Cannery Wharf

no, can't for the life of me remember it's name. was based in the trocadero (sp) centre for a bit

plant
    Free Member

Thanks MMW – going to recharge the coffee cup and have a trip down memory lane ….. I'll be a while.

🙂

Raouligan
    Free Member

I think belrin is still recovering from hosting SSWC, ace times, rocking up in Berlin with no directions hoping someone would meet us!

nicklouse
    Free Member

MMW thanks again. My eyes are watering. Again.

plant
    Free Member

So where did the morning go? Ah yes …… Agent Picolax ……

I haven't laughed that much since …… the last time I read it!

Priceless …..

Where is Blu-tone these days?

salsaboy

Still in recovery?

hora
    Free Member

Those Agony Aunt-daughters link is just wrong. Not in a sexual way. Worse.

lowey

Been here since the Go-Far days, I think about 2001-2002, I forget.

Never really post much and tend to avoid the chat forum as it all ends in an argument these days.

Beer always made me laugh as did Fat Knacker. Remember his story about Chipps really being a closet Somerset Cider drinker ? Genius.

BillOddie

What a trip down memory lane.

I am one of the above "missing persons" but I'm not saying who…

😉

Drac

and still also working in TV transmission

I was under the impression she had jacked it in all together, maybe I misheard her or more than likely was a bit tipsy.

Still haven't found the picolax thread even mildly amusing, not even raised a smile.

RustyMac

MMW, i am new ish to this forum, thank you so much for posting that thread again. Made my friday. completly LMAO. beginning to wish i was here back in the day.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Various friendly faces from Shatfest have disappeared sadly.

Jez was one of the best things for mountain biking in Yorkshire.

farmer-giles
    Free Member

Hello everybody!
    I AM WATCHING YOU ALL SILENTLY

Thank you Bunnyhop for mentioning me? have we ever met?
    Blackhound – hope things get better soon
    I didnt get chance to abuse anyone at the sign on at HONC this year as i was in Wales on a stag do.
    Going to be a Dad in a weeks time so i'm enjoying all the baby threads at the mo.
    FG

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 264 total)

The topic ‘Whatever happened to . . . . . former STW'ers’ is closed to new replies.