Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 264 total)
  • Whatever happened to . . . . . former STW'ers
  • Ambrose

Always been Ambrose, always will be that name too if I can. Lurked for a long time. When MTB-Wales slowed down spent more and more time here. Met a few people off this site, all seem to be decent upstanding citizens whom I'd invite home for tea. Not met a single psycho yet. I'm sure that it will happen eventually though.

Anyone for a bothy trip next weekend? Details on MTB-Wales.com .

mAx_hEadSet

Elbry Sandland
    he never failed to live up to expectation….

Drac

Dave not sure I'm on that pic think I did a ride with coogle and Benji across the moors.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    duckman

2004 for me,just about the time pedalthread arrived with his twine travel measurement system.And that sheepish looking chap pumping the penguin(fnarr)was the funniest thread,next to picolax natch, I can remember.

Mister-P
    Free Member

2002 for me i think. i was cats-mark back then.

lambchop
    Free Member

Haven't heard from these guys in an age, however I've only recently been back to the forum.

AndyC
    Mousefinder
    Fatknacker
    Walt
    Plitts
    Salsaboy

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

hello catsmark [WAVES]

i've covered andyc and mfg

salsaboy still rides a bit, he's still a miserable c**t too 🙂

does my diaper look big in this…..

hora
    Free Member

Have any passed away? Don't forget sometimes a fellow rider would note to others however how would we know if one of us did go? Disappear forever.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

chemo died

lambchop
    Free Member

Here are some more:

The Hood
    Taz
    Millwall Gaz

hora
    Free Member

I used to be Hora. If that helps anyone? 😆

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

hora – help someone is something you've never done

Jamesy
    Free Member

2002 me been off the forum for a few years tho

+1 houns, bring back the humor !

vinnyeh

The good old days, when you didn't need an account to post- just post as anon. Not sure how that'd go down now, mind.

PiersB
    poet, now admanmatt, selling advertising on this here site
    JonWIII (sexmidget?) – saw his name on a couple of reviews in the mag.

Beagleboy

Keep hoping I can find the enthusiasm to start getting out more and meet some new folk to ride with. I mean… living in the Lakes now it shouldn't be that hard should it?

(sometimes I miss Stirling)

Hey Rob, I hope everything has settled down for you. We all miss you as well!

B. 8)

SST
    Free Member

my 2 fav threads of all time were "42 flexing and posing" and "Badger blowing things up". In both cases the person on the receiving end seemed frustrated almost to the point of tears.

I know that shouldn't be so amusing, but it was 🙂

hora
    Free Member

I also miss the anon function. Maybe we could have a friday confessions (anon) just for one day????????????

Mister-P
    Free Member

Numplumz used to be a regular. Not herad from him in ages.

Mister-P
    Free Member

*waves back at MrMW*

michaelbowden

Been here since 2001 as me, not a great poster but a huge lurker. And huge waster or work bandwidth!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Numplumz – jack is still riding by the looks of it, not seen him since D2D a few years ago

oldgit
    Free Member

I've been oldgit since I was young. dunno when I started, I know it was when issue 1 came out.

What was the name of that singlespeed collective back then, singlespeed jihad?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

it's along time since the stw weekends at pat's B&B in Betws (he's still on here as raindog).

don't think he's ever forgiven chipps for leaving glass marks on his coffee table by melting the varnish with cask strength whisky

SST
    Free Member

I remember SSP – singlespeedpunk

Teetosugars
    Free Member

2003 for me..

Either as BigNick or as I am now…

molgrips
    Free Member

Didn't realise that "Fit it with a rock" actually had provenance

I think fitting things with a rock was from a thread about the warranty on superstar cranks, was it not? Someone'd got very aerated about his cranks not fitting, and had been forced to smash them on with a rock the morning of a race.. and then fruit had complained that fitting with a rock invalidated the warranty…

wwaswas

The rock fittign thing was LukeB posting here under an alias and beign caught out.

GW
    Free Member

The good old days, when you didn't need an account to post- just post as anon.

that's the whole reason my user name's always been GW, couldn't be arsed typing anything longer than my initials in.
    2000 or 2001 for me

lambchop
    Free Member

Fat Tyre festival at Coed Y Brenin, which I think was 2003 was a good laugh.

miketually
    Free Member

The only Ye Olde STW meet up I went to was HamsterFest, at Hamsterley Forest in the very early days of the site. Andy Armstrong was there, plus TomL. Anyone else go?

oldgit
    Free Member

Hope Darren doesn't mind me posting his image. 3rd or 4th Woburn STW meet. We had to split up into two groups for this one this was the 'core' group?

Just noticed, everyones a bit camera shy 😕

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i'm in that somewhere

RHSno2
    Free Member

Core to the Frickin max baby. Check that hair out!

I'm RHS. I still float around like a turd that can't be flushed away.

Saintly
    Free Member

"I mean… living in the Lakes now it shouldn't be that hard should it?"

Rob, where abouts in the lakes are you?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I've been here since 03 under various guises…

binners

Hora's not changed his name for a while.

I used to look forward to his name changes. I could then bet on how many seconds it would take for everyone to work out it was him

thehustler
    Free Member

lol back in those days i used tro post as ssslllooowww, I remember snakebite and scruff and a couple of us offering to meet a few off here and show them aroung Cannock chase, the few turned into a group of over a hundred………

wwaswas

SeaLoin was hora's "this is a troll" name.

TheRealTandemJeremy
    Free Member

I was usurped by an interloper

slowjo
    Free Member

I used to lurk in the GoFar days and signed up just after it changed to STW. No idea when it was.

Badgerboy, he has gone too, but then he never posted much anyway (so that's a waste of time ten!)

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 264 total)

The topic ‘Whatever happened to . . . . . former STW'ers’ is closed to new replies.