Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 264 total)
  • Whatever happened to . . . . . former STW'ers
  • Houns

2003…Ahhh those were the days

miketually
    Free Member

Who else from 2003ish has gone AWOL or is still around, other than you?

2003? Newcomer 🙂

Farticus

2003…Ahhh those were the days

Indeed.

Piersb – great articles in the earlier mags ("I count myself lucky I can still maintain a bike and an erection, though not at the same time") and good value contributions here.

Samuri is still here, trying (and failing) to offend the fat last I saw – pity no more mag articles from him.

nickc

2001 or there abouts for me.

Farticus

2003? Newcomer

2002 for me 🙂 Opened up a whole new world of work-based slacking.

Houns

2002 is when i joined, but 2003 is when forum was at it's peak

Podium
    Free Member

Ahh…was gonna mention Swiss Schali and 360s mate Chemo.Hopefully "god rest his soul" was just just a forum figure of speech ???

zokes
    Free Member

2003 for me too. What a big mistake that was…

Farticus

2003 was a golden era, I agree.

I got advice on bikes (Orange Sub 5 vs, Ellsworth Isis), how to mitigate the visible cost of transactions to the nosey (a.k.a. my wife), unblocking drains, met people for rides all over the place incl. Drac who left me for dead and spent many a happy day doing no work whatsoever. And generally the place had great humour with few people getting uppity as seems commonplace now.

miketually
    Free Member

Been here since the start, from the GoFar days. Used to be mikemctimoney before becoming miketually.

Houns

And generally the place had great humour with few people getting uppity as seems commonplace now.

Agreed – Far too many pointless debates on here now

BRING BACK THE HUMOUR!

dave360

madsadalan has always been my favourite forum name. And don't forget the evil mastermind Mr Woppit, he's been here since 19hundredandfrozentodeath.

Yes sadly my wayward riding buddy Chemo is no longer with us.

anokdale
    Free Member

Ormonroyd ??

Dizinaustria

Lukeb

mrsflash
    Free Member

Dizinaustria seems to be still enjoying life in austria and badger is stil badgering.

Podium
    Free Member

🙁 Just googled re Chemo,Dave.Very saddened and shocked to hear that.

SST
    Free Member

42 – now works for MI5

Was 42 the ginger lad who used to give people "the stare"?

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

lukeb = spokescycles

miketually
    Free Member

Just had a scan of the internet archive. I was mike mc in the olden days too, I think.

SST
    Free Member

There was a shop on here too – chevin cycles maybe?

And who was the woman that was on tv with her family – bit vague but I think her son was into mtb'ing

ton

i like it still
    i lurked for 4 yrs without posting, it is good fun, if you let it be.
    far too many people ready to throw insults, and be arsey just for the sake of it.

but i like it still.
    you just need a better bait these days. 8)

Farticus

Russ Pinder was a regular around that time. I remember the shock and horror when the thread went up on here about his fall, and the aftermath as it became clear how bad it was. Definitely had a sense of community about it … maybe it still does – maybe I should spend more time here again!

anagallis_arvensis

I;ve been posting on here since it started with various names, much less recently as I now work a bit harder and cannot ride bikes anymore.

Coyote
    Free Member

And who was the woman that was on tv with her family – bit vague but I think her son was into mtb'ing

I believe that would have been the fragrant blackgem.

snakebite
    Free Member

beer and Alice http://www.snakebite.fotopic.net/p3304788.html (spunky)are still around, riding bikes an stuff

this was them then http://www.snakebite.fotopic.net/p7668170.html

Dan Lees and me here http://www.snakebite.fotopic.net/p10897196.html he got all travelly and paternal and stuff, still pops up now and then..

nickc

Aye, 42 was indeed the "ginger lad" . Weird chap and no mistake, there was a photo knocking about of him in just Lycra shorts. I understand he now works with children… 😯

Diane
    Free Member

Smee was reborn and reborn again and is alive as we speak 🙂

BillMC

I can remember spending lots of time splitting my sides at the scurrilous and unedifying assertions and swipes on here. It has got more self-righteous but there is the occasional thread that stirs up some damned good collective absurdity, obscenity and humour.

BillMC

e.g. ''my mrs always says "will you rub my feet"? when i hear that magical phrase I know it's time to eat sushi off the barber shop floor''

Made me laugh anyway

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Yep, I was being made redundant sometime around 2003 and instead of working I decided to make use of their internet connection.

Lo and behold I stumbled across STW and I wasted a whole month on it. Been a fan ever since.

john_drummer
    Free Member

chevin is still on here from time to time

Drac

Drac who left me for dead and spent many a happy day doing no work whatsoever.

When was that you'll have to remind me, was that during my rather excessive drinking days?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

excessive drinking? glentress strikes a bell. i have a picture of you and the bloke from bike verbier (yan?) who's calves were bigger than all of you. in fact i think mousefindergeneral, panama, polly, lucy, phil, andyc, kirstie (mrsmw), debs, mrsmfg (ex, now lesbian) and various other former stw reprobates were there as well.

Drac

Ah then remember now. Errr yeah met a lot of people of here and many around then. Sadly I liked the beer a lot around so many names I've forgotten. Good weekend that one.

ell_tell
    Free Member

What happened to Fruit/Neil…?

As for joining, think I first joined back in 2001 if I recall. The site wasn't banned in work in those days…

ourmaninthenorth

I've only been OMITN since 2008, but was TommyT from around 2002 (though didn't start posting until 2003, IIRC). I lurked before then.

That's the best part of a decade spent on here..! 😯

NZCol

I think i stumbled in about 2003 as well. If i added up the hours i spend idly reading threads about … well anything…i'd scare myself. Was fun and to some extent still is although the hand wringers are taking over. How is badgers tubeless conversion anyway ?

Dave
    Free Member

2003?

A fine year :o)

Badger

Ben on Bolty's

Coogle in Swaledale

AndyA , 1st CumFest2004

SimonDBarnes, AndyA, SteveM, JonWIII, Drac, TimC, Drac CumFest2004

Alec and Craig fix a saddle, Calderdale Thursday Night Ride

racemonkey

I've been here since 2002 I think.

Mind you I didn't post for ages 'cuz it felt like I'd just walked into a virtual pub full of regulars and I didn't want to join in the banter without an invitation.

user-removed
    Free Member

Didn't realise that "Fit it with a rock" actually had provenance 😯

Lurked for a few years but didn't start posting 'til after the big bang. Think my old user name was ralphie….

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 264 total)

The topic ‘Whatever happened to . . . . . former STW'ers’ is closed to new replies.