Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What ZTR 29er rim for a 210lb kitted rider ?
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

Hi all.
    Just seen this thread :
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hope-hoops-29er-bargin

At around 210-220lb kitted, would i be forever truing crest rims.
    Most riding is south downs way, trail centres, forest riding ?

I real fancy those hoops but im kinda thinking arch or flow but that means a custom build and custom prices !
    Whats the sdw opinion ?
    Thanks all

I use Flows at 95kg and high mileage.
    They’re doing OK so far.

Ringo
    Free Member

Arch and flows are overkill in my opinion. Stans are nice and strong been using 355s on my 29er for awhile an d I like crashing and ploughing through shit, just had some wheels built with crests and I know they’ll last

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I have killed both an Arch and a Flow and I’m only 14st kitted up, no way I’d trust Crests to stay true unless you are a wheels on ground rider.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Ringo, how heavy are you though ?

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Bigduddy, thats my fear !

trail_rat
    Free Member

i weigh 75kg

i have 355 26″ wheels on my ultra light XC racer …. when it came to building my “touring mtb” i went with arches – my 355s havnt been the most reliable – been back to hope once for a complete rebuild with new spokes due to random snappages (8 spokes all at different times in the middle of the spokes) the 355 rims are also super flexy ime. The arches give a fair bit more stiffness for not much more weight in the grand scheme of things

ton

kris holm……………….. 8)

Ringo
    Free Member

I’m about 90k mate and i ain’t what youd call a smooth rider been trued maybe twice in last year, they was built by my mate who is the bollocks at building wheels though. I don’t do huge drops though maybe 2 foot max

keavo
    Free Member

i have flows and crests, weigh 12 stone. crest rear wheel needs truing often, not a general use wheel for me. flows are much stiffer and stronger.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What ZTR 29er rim for a 210lb kitted rider ?’ is closed to new replies.