Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • What you strava'd other than biking?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I just strava’d laser quest 😆
    2 bloody miles of running around shooting 9 yr olds!
    8)

bikeneil
    Free Member

sigh…

tomhoward

Brant (of on one) strava’d the big one at Blackpool pleasure beach, according to fb

dirtyrider
    Free Member

cut the grass, used the iPhone app, shows the inaccuracies of the GPS – as it didn’t log me near the end of the grass, and said i was moving for a lot less than i was

wrightyson
    Free Member

Sigh away bitch tits 🙄

Legoman
    Free Member

Accidentally stava’d my drive home from Swinley last Saturday.
    Mostly M25 hence my overall average speed of 10mph!

Legoman
    Free Member

Ooh ooh ooh …. I’m so Stravaing my next lawn cut!

sigh…

Problem?

wrightyson
    Free Member

I am also going to strava my next lawn cut and analyse the data to see if I can improve cut times by going up and down or round and round.

andytherocketeer

endomondo’d the search for a model rocket that we’d launched in Scotland and lost (theory being that we could see where we’d missed in the search, and compare it to map and program some waypoints for the next day – we found it the next day in a river)

also endomondo’d a ride down on the Cairngorm funicular

scaredypants

plane from LA to Heathrow, tagged on to the end of a bike ride

I cropped it, but I guess my average speed was good 8)

XXX
    Free Member

3 laps of the whitepost petting farm kids pedal cart track…… still KOM

househusband

Mowing the lawn… strangely I got more kudos than normal!

Bregante

Foot surveillance for a flasher 😀

aracer
    Free Member

Slightly less frivolously I have an XC skiing KOM (yes I am the only one on the list – I suspect I’m the only person to ever Strava XC skiing in Eastnor park, though probably not the only person to have skied there). That was deliberately uploaded to Strava, as I use a GPS watch rather than a phone and only upload automatically to Garmin Connect. To complete my skiing triumvirate I also have roller ski and surfski ( 😉 ) sessions on Strava – not too many hills in the latter.

tthew

Intercity 125 on the east coast mainline for about 3 miles, to see how fast it was actually going. Burned about 3000 calories too, proving train travel is excellent for weight loss.

Surprisingly it doesn’t work on west coast Virgin trains. They must have some kind of film on the windows that kills the GPS signal.

Harry_the_Spider

Knitting.

D0NK

cut the grass, used the iPhone app, shows the inaccuracies of the GPS

no shit! Did a 13 mile ride in the lakes, lots of pushing and rests, mate with an iPhone managed to clock an extra 1.6 miles, presumably due to every rest stop looking like your grass cutting exercise. iPhone GPS doesn’t like stationary or near stationary riders!

Just running for me but only been using it a couple months, if I go snowboarding again will clock that, always wondered what sort of speed (average speeds, wouldn’t trust strava max mph anyway) and distances I travelled

iain1775
    Free Member

Not strata but still gps tracking
    Strapped gps to dog collar, and logged the dog walk
    Iphone on me, compared the two, dog walked over twice my distance

welshfarmer

spreading grass seed on a 3 acre field with a spinner on the quad-bike. 2 miles I covered.

xcube
    Free Member

Know someone who Straved his trip in the air ambulance. Think he recorded over 200kmph.

kjcc25
    Free Member

I have used GPS on Virgin Trains and it definitely worked. Coming back from London one night wanted to know where we were, put on the GPS, Google Maps on phone and showed exact position. Did not connect to Strava however!

thesurfbus
    Free Member

I rowed around Derwent Water

http://www.strava.com/activities/63529844

Trimix
    Free Member

So looking at the iphone grass cutting strava – does that not prove that anyone claiming a KOM using that poor a GPS is invalid ?

(Unless of coures, you did have grass on your roof)

tomaso
    Free Member

Forgot to turn mine off after a night ride and Strava’d the drive to the pub. Loads of KOMS by quite some margin.

From a club perspective I think there needs to be a segment from reaching the cars, getting changed and the bikes loaded and then the drive to the pub to grab a pint.

rossatease
    Free Member

I use it sailing, got a few KOMs on our lake and on the channel.

Trimix
    Free Member

Anyone use it for speed boats ?

poltheball
    Free Member

Planning on using it to write a wee message for my bro and his wife, they had twins yesterday 😀

rugbydick

Went go karting last weekend.
    Max’d out at around 60kph. No KOM’s though 🙁

nemesis
    Free Member

I’ve used it for wakeboarding. Surprised me how much difference a head/tail wind made to the speed.

D0NK

does that not prove that anyone claiming a KOM using that poor a GPS is invalid ?

yep, there’s one near work that has someone doing 60mph. There’s so many other variables* in strava that if you’re going to get precious over little things like GPSs being wildly inaccurate then I’d probably step away now.

It’s only a bit of a laugh training aid innit?

*for eg some local segments that go gate to gate I’m pretty sure the KOMs were set whilst the gates/fence had been ripped** down so you’re not going to beat them if they had a fast rolling start.

** by strava cockwombles, MX/4×4 cockwombles or just your common or garden antisocial cockwombles I don’t know.

jimmy748

I strava’d a sea trial once

pondo

yep, there’s one near work that has someone doing 60mph.

My only top tens are down road hills, and on one of those my top speed is registered as 57mph, but that shows the same for all the other top ten folks – doesn’t make it accurate, but at least it’s consistent. 🙂

My top ever speed (that modesty caused me to crop) was from a ride to Aberystwith – turned Garmin off, got the train back, then turned Garmin on and rode home from the train station. Poor thing got confused and showed a straight line with almost zero time elapsed from Aber to Birmingham, top speed of eight hundred and something MPH. Have it. 😀

scaled
    Free Member

I stravad my trip to hospital.

I went for a run once, just to see if i could do 5k, never again!

D0NK

that shows the same for all the other top ten folks – doesn’t make it accurate, but at least it’s consistent

yeah, they are also on proper rides, I originally wondered if someone on the nearby tram had left their strava on but no. There’s a junction at either end, a blind 90deg corner into it and a switch back climb, 65mph is IMO bollocks quite frankly 🙂
    other option I had considered was doing it on a fast mtb and tear arsing down the steps instead of the zig zags and GPS not noticing but as this is the uphill version that’s not what they did either.
    here is the start (google car can’t drive it but you can see other end)
    GPS inaccuracies I reckon, maybe stopped at the lights at the bottom his GPS went to sleep then woke up just has he was finishing the segment.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I keep meaning to strava the dog

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Making cups of tea,

browsing in the new balance trainer shop in Shap,

sitting at my desk

buying a sausage roll inthe garage

largely due to forgetfulness rather than a keen competitive spirit in the above sports

mrsflash
    Free Member

My friend and I planned to strava her dog and me on the same walk to see the difference in distance between the two. Not got round to it yet. I’ve only ever strava’d running, clearly not trying hard enough.

annebr
    Free Member

I strava my walks occasionally.

aracer
    Free Member

Which is why segments that short – especially wiggly ones like that where the start/finish are far closer than the length of the segment – are kind of pointless.

andytherocketeer

largely due to forgetfulness rather than a keen competitive spirit in the above sports

I’m sure I’m not alone in strava-ing/endomondoing/etc. the taking of a pre- or post-ride cr*p. Probably posted an update to foursquare/twitter too while sat on the throne in Grizedale visitor centre.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘What you strava'd other than biking?’ is closed to new replies.