Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 137 total)
  • what you been up to today bike wise?
  • jedi

I have been making 2 aline styley switchbacks 🙂 they ride nice too. Sorry but I’m buzzing

njee20
    Free Member

55 mile road ride in the sun, very pleasant.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I have been running instead, down the water of leith to Stockbridge and back again. 9km with no shin pain, yay! :))

Militant_biker

Recovery day after getting my legs pulled off on yesterday’s ride.

Chase
    Free Member

Cleaning and regreasing the bearings on my XT All Mountain wheelset. What joy 😕

mtbfix

Looking at STW a bit. Would go out this eve but it is herself’s birthday and the bairn needs a bath.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I built up 6 bikes this morning then serviced a mates bike this afternoon. No actual riding though.

Keva
    Free Member

rode 2miles to work this morning, rode 2miles home for lunch, rode 2miles back to work and am about to ride 2miles back home – might just take different route though and make it 3.

Kev

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I’ve looked at this site for the last 5 min’s, that’s as bikey as today has gotten for me!

Keva
    Free Member

Mister P… 6 bikes in a morning !

1 every half hour or so 😯

it takes me that long to replace a gear cable.

PJay
    Free Member

I’ve been fitting a nice new Thomson stem, it looks lovely. A fairly easy job, just requiring a little filing of the steerer tube to stop is bottoming out on the pre-load cap as the Thomson stem has a fractionally lower stack height than the stem it replaced.

thepurist

Went out for a couple of hours pootle after lunch. Started doing a bit of practise on a couple of sections that I feel I always lose speed on but decided it was too nice a day to take it seriously so went and sat by a lake in the sun for a bit, which was nice.

Edit – oh, and ‘did my bit’ for trail maintenance while I was out too.

yunki
    Free Member

30 miles cheeky clifftop… lot’s of ramblers.. nearly all pleasant.. found some big fly agaric mushrooms.. left them for the pixies after the events of last time…

thomthumb
    Free Member

didn’t even ride to work 🙁

I have been making 2 aline styley switchbacks

are they wood?

Simon

Been building a new shed/workshop and then rode to school to collect the kids. Not done proper ride since the Brownbacks race last Sunday.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Avoiding work and browsing the internet.

Reviewing a draft of the first dig day report one of the volunteers has done for Gisburn Skills Trail. Circulating it back to folks and it’s now up on the internet (see Ed O’s blog on this site and here: http://www.singletraction.co.uk/index.php?fn_mode=fullnews&fn_id=115

Talking to someone in a “cycling organisation” about a trail development at Location X. Fingers crossed it’s going to be good.

Chasing a landowner for a meeting as he wanted some design advice and not sure if the other guy I was talking to about it has managed to sort one out. Bit of a worry as it was back in early September.

Emailing an old associate who I’ve recently bumped into again about the set up of a MTB group in the NW and attending the next meeting.

Tried to work out which digs I can go to this month and what time I need to keep spare for the family.

Checked my emails umpteen times to see if the guy I emailed at Yorkshire Water regarding trails at Timble Ings has got back to me (no 🙁 )

Bought a set of Salsa Woodchippers for a project bike I really must build.

Tried to find the plan a volunteer did for the trails for which I’m supposed to be organising the dig day on Sunday (woo hoo, Norwood 😉 )

Ridign a bike – nowt. Stuff related to bikes and trails – quite a bit.

Maybe I’ll get chance at the weekend 😎

qwerty
    Free Member

nowt yet – off into garage with my son to fix his first puncture in a bit

RealMan
    Free Member

First ride with my university bike club (and first ride since injury 6 weeks ago). Only 20 miles, and it was a bit wet and a bit cold, but really enjoyed it.

timpol
    Free Member

About time you did some digging Jedi!! First 30min ride after ankle surgery, best feeling to be back on again.

Oggles
    Free Member

Fitting some Thule aero bars and ProRide bike carriers to my car, then loading the bikes and giving it a shakedown.

beej

Rode 1 mile to and from work.
    Posted some bike bits sold on ebay.
    Strength session in the gym.
    Eaten some dark chocolate.

amplebrew

I did a 28 mile ride this morning albeit on my turbo trainer and I’ve just stopped halfway through stripping down and rebuilding my Hewitt for tea 8)

Tonight I’ll be having a look on net, trying to decide what singlespeed to buy 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

First local ride for ages. Slippy mud and nice singletrack.

jedi

thomthumb, no out of dirt 🙂

Dibbs
    Free Member

Rode into work across the Quantocks (15 miles), then took the scenic route on the way home, over to the edge of Exmoor (30 miles).

bigG
    Free Member

Applying some rather lovely bike monger stickers. My dandy horse is now officially better than yours, should you choose to come to the yard and check it out…

keavo
    Free Member

2 & 3/4 hours off road on the north yorkshire moors. moderate pace with my brother for company. fantastic riding conditions, light wind, sunny but cool temperature. filthy and very wet from lots of recent rain. hot tukey sandwich and tea sat outside the cafe at the end.
    went for a massage then back home and cleaned my stuff, fitted a rotor and saddle that came in the post while i was out.
    tinkered with somebody else bike/fork for them and watch them ride away very happy.

druidh
    Free Member

80km round West Lothian and Lanarkshire. Lovely day for it too.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Just got in from a pootle. Spent more time picking mushrooms & nicking corn on the cob than riding!

khani
    Free Member

Work all day today, boo 😥
    But I’ve treated myself to a new i7r for my 5spot in a quiet moment, yay 😛

willej

Took my summer tyres off my bike after some very sketchy moments on Sunday’s ride. Looking forward to slippy roots and mud now.

br
    Free Member

30 miles in the Chilterns this morning, bought a Mud X from my LBS this afternoon.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

A lot of riding arround Berkshire picking up bits for this 😀 very happy bunny after the car park test (although the big tyres and fork make the BB feel verrry high now!)

MIDGETS MONKEYS AND MAN CAVES

chakaping
    Free Member

Riding up and down road, bedding brakes in before trip to Wales.

Fitting front mudguard.

Browsing on STW a bit.

Erm, that’s it.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

got all excited about my new bike arriving – cleared out the bike store ready for it so my wife dind’t complain too much about another new bike then cursed when I found out it had arrived but isn’t going to be ready for a few more days.

Then I thought I’d finaly service my forks only to find out no shop in town sells 15wt fork oil! Doh!

Plus I dreamed about getting out in this gorgeous weather!

donsimon
    Free Member

35km commute into the city centre, almost run off the road by a bus, just another day!

R.lepecha

made my bike back dual ring, my home made chain device inevitavley failed as the chain fell of the roller every so often on the rough stuff. and basicly did my routene check of all the bolts.

BontyBuns
    Free Member

Booting it about just below Trevor Quarry near Llangollen.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Today, I have done bugger all bicycling.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I moved mine out of the way of the mower.

Cycle tomorrow morning.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘what you been up to today bike wise?’ is closed to new replies.