Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • What you been doing this weekend?
  • matt_outandabout

Revelling in the last of the summer weather by introducing eldest_oab to “proper” hills and descents yesterday. What have you all ben upto?

Glen Dubh and Glen Kendrum by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

Bregante

Stunning.

Nowt yesterday but a nice 75 mile road ride today around the quiet lanes of Cheshire before the traditional fridge emptying session. 🙂

rascal
    Free Member

Car MOT (pass)..beers…friends daughter’s 1st birthday party (Old Perculiar in a pink paper cup)…
    …oh and no biking 😕

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Riding road bikes fast and far and climbing church towers.

Junkyard
    Free Member

being ill and under the weather

wiggles
    Free Member

Working… But first ride on new bike at bpw tomorrow.

TiRed

Oooh! proper off-road riding. Raced E123 and crashed into a bush at 30 mph. Walked the dog in an ancient woodland. Repainted the logo on the crashed bike.

dknwhy

After spending last weekend road riding in the French Alps,this weekend was ”family time”.
    Huge garden party for my sister’s 40th yesterday with a mechanical rodeo bull, bungee running, bouncy castle and giant inflatable slide. She laid on afternoon tea with cakes and then fish and chips for tea.
    Today was a trip to see the poppies at the Tower of London, watch the tour of Britain and dinner at Byron burger.
    Very fat and tired but happy!

Simon

Saturday, painted the outside of the house, rode my bike around Ilkley Moor then went to a BBQ.
    Today I did some more painting.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Still on the mend after daft minor bike crash left me with torn shoulder ligaments.
    Had de-frost freezer yesterday after inadvertently leaving a bottle of Jennings in to cool and it went POP and left my freezer full of beer / slush / galss!
    Not the high light of my weekend! 🙁
    Decent day today walking around Rydal water with family and freinds 😀

eshershore
    Free Member

Riding road bikes up and down hills with my missus, drinking lovely coffee and then guests of a team at the tour of Britain in London. Not a bad day 😉

frogstomp

Brecon Beast for me today.. love The Gap descent!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Rode at Woburn Sands yesterday, lovely area, followed by very nice lunch in the village. Peaceful afternoon watching Rugby. Slow morning doing nothing then trying on suits/ jackets for a wedding and actually finding something that fitted and I liked 😆
    Topped off by today’s Rugby and lots of food and tea.

zippykona

Attending a trade fair and putting this together when time permits .

Yes I know brake hose is in the wrong place but I’m waiting for a longer one.

bikemanspen
    Free Member

Rode the Shropshire sportive with rkid top day good weather ect… Now enjoying many shandies

oxym0r0n

Mostly riding from Newbury to Paris with thegingerone

postierich
    Free Member

Camped over in Eskdale Fri/Sat night then did a loop around wast water Burnmoor Tarn and sampled a few to many beers 🙂
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/pdgELB]10702136_10152756207851474_1105553776291765705_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

tymbian
    Free Member

27 off road miles this afternoon. .did a bit of a OS map/bridleway reccy type thing. Trying to discover new routes..( avoiding as many roads as possible )

Lucas
    Free Member

Road ride yesterday morning followed by burger in Nottingham contemporary with family before getting oldest new footy boots.

Marshilling for a 10k this morning, really good bike ride with the kids and dog this afternoon. We did about 5 miles with 2 miles off road, not bad for a 5 and 3 year old! Came home and played superheros on the trampoline (I was superman and then the green goblin). 3 year old asked to go to bed at 6 so did something right.

Looking forwards to doing what’s in that top pic with my 2!

carlphillips
    Free Member

Swam a 10km open water event. Now feeling sleepy.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Got man chores done in the week, so went on a road ride Saturday and Off road today. Chilling with tingly legs as I type. Be mad to miss a ride on both days this weekend.

paulevans
    Free Member

30 mile road ride around Coniston with Chris Boardman yesterday followed by a walk with the wife and kids in the afternoon and lovely beef cobbler for tea. Today played in the garden with the kids this morning and a party this afternoon to say goodbye to some friends who are relocating. Good luck Jo, Oliver and kids!

dantsw13

I’ve been away in Denver Colorado, and completed my first ever 100km road ride, out to Golden and back! When I started out it was 2C and my fingers were freezing onto the metal Sora brake levers. I finished the tide in glorious 23C sunshine. Now to plan for a 100 miler.

postierich
    Free Member

need to rescue you from the Darkside Paul!!! Nan Bield Wednesday if you fancy it 7.30pm from Green Quarter 🙂

gringo

Three day weekend for me so went for a road ride on Friday morning followed by a couple of laps of Bedgebury in the afternoon. Saturday morning ride over Pitch Hill finding some new (to me) trails then out for the father in laws 60th birthday. Today I attached my new rotors to my new wheels and stripped down my triple SLX chainset to take my new 32T single ring ready for my Dialled Alpine build. A good weekend all in!

colournoise

Spent the morning playing at Chicksands yesterday. Finally conquered my 18 month complete mental block on ‘artificial’ drop-offs (been in effect since I fell off on one and ripped my knee open down to the kneecap). It was a good day.

birky
    Free Member

Saturday, road ride from Kenmore, Glen Lyon, Lawers rd, Killin, south Loch Tay.
    Sunday, mtb at Comrie Croft
    🙂

kiwijohn

Raced the last round of the Hobart CX series.

benji
    Free Member

55 mile sscx ride yesterday, today was diy purchasing/doing but managed to sneak a visit to gooutdoors and got myself a nice little stove and a titanium cooking pot, apparently brownie points aren’t redeemable straight away.

hairyscary

Golspie, Torridon and Rothiemurchus…..it was awesome 🙂

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

hairyscary lets have some pics….. 3 great destinations in one weekend!

Northwind

Good ride yesterday at the golfie at innerleithen, ridiculously dry- reminded me of riding in Italy not Scotland. But was inexplicably shattered all the rest of the day and all day today so that was it. Not the plan but still, not too bad

mintimperial

Lee and Cragg Quarries early yesterday, was fun, here’s my mates mucking about on the pump track.

Also headed out with the 6yo for half an hour this evening, he’s getting better every time, he managed to clear a little climb that has foxed him previously. We did some ‘races’ and he even let me win one bless him. 😀

Also I unblocked the sink in the bathroom.

Bullet

Round trip of 34 miles from home to Woburn Woods. First time I have ridden there for two years! Found some (new to me) singletrack round the back of the golf course which was brilliant. Legs feel tight now 🙂

grahamt1980

Bought some snowboard boots yesterday for the Missus and Me, then chicksands XC this morning, Herts for a play this afternoon and Chicksands bike park for a play this evening.
    Got tomorrow off so heading to swinley, not a bad weekend all round

darrell
    Free Member

trying to de-bowel myself going over the bars on a local loop

a bit sore still

badnewz
    Free Member

Been on holiday in Croatia after quite a but of travelling but looking forward to getting back now. Can’t be added with lots of travel these days.

saxabar
    Free Member

Sat – Penmachno loops, potter around Conwy, local ride and berry picking
    Sun – Ride in the Carneddi, play in the waves on Newborough beach, roast, ride, more berry picking and baking scones

A good one!

winch
    Free Member

Got back from the lakes on Friday having ridden Helvellyn, the Ulswater bridleway and gone up Highstreet then around to Boredale house and down through Martindale. Squeezed in a cheeky trip to Llandegla on Yesterday for good measure 🙂 Helvellyn….

hooli

A nice lazy day Saturday followed by a 7 or 8 mile offroad ride with the kids then a road ride and BBQ yesterday. Could do without being at work today 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘What you been doing this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.