Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What year do you predict that China will take over the world ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

I only ask the question as its going to happen but when ? Crikey this eve I was looking at my sons art box and he had some colored lollipop sticks for making what ever…and they are made in China is there anything they don’t make !

All I know they will never take over the music industry with singers…will they ?!?!

I don’t want the Euro in 20 yrs will it be don’t want the yuan !

Ps I have spent a long time in China and its a flipping lovely country with some great people.

KonaTC

RealMan
    Free Member

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

They already have…

Why are you upset, Realman?

iDave
    Free Member

they haven’t and they won’t

aP
    Free Member

About 15 years ago.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

They don’t want to take over the world; they just want it to buy all their stuff.

Drac

Year of the fox.

aP
    Free Member

Oh, shame that they own about 60% of the US already isn’t it?

bruk

Given the amount of money they are ‘investing’ in Africa where there are still lots of minerals to be exploited probably was last year.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

they haven’t and they won’t

Keep telling yerself that, if you find it comforting.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Oh, shame that they own about 60% of the US already isn’t it?

Garry_Lager

China’s GDP per capita is at a level with such noted world powers as El Salvador, Bosnia and Albania. World domination is well and truly on the back burner.

They’re patient, though – recall Chairmen’s Mao reply when asked What was the significance of the French Revolution – It’s too early to tell :mrgreen:

chewkw
    Free Member

They will own everything …

MussEd
    Free Member

The black keys…..china will never manage shizzle like that…end of thread…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

China’s GDP per capita is at a level with such noted world powers as El Salvador, Bosnia and Albania. World domination is well and truly on the back burner.

It has nothing to do with GDP per capita. Qatar has the highest GDP per capita in the world, followed closely by Luxembourg, neither countries are ever likely to achieve “world domination”.

In ten years time China will have the largest economy in the world. Being the wealthiest country in the world gives any country huge clout and a very dominating role.

Although it has to be said that in ten years time China will still not match the United States in terms of political and diplomatic clout, on account that they will still be the new kids on the block. Similarly they won’t match the US militarily, but that will come with time.

And the process is likely to accelerate. Partly because wealth gives a disproportionate advantage, but also because the US is experiencing a long, slow, and irreversible, decline.

Already the US has completely lost the total dominance it once had over the New World. In large part because the last administration took its eye off Latin American whilst concentrating instead on “vital US interests” in the Middle East. And despite that, we are now today witnessing the reduction of US dominance in the Middle East/North Africa, as their client states become more unstable on an almost daily basis.

The US has insufficient influence in the rest of Africa to keep China in check. Likewise in Asia, as countries in that region begin to see the economic advantages of forging stronger ties with China.

The last area in which the US will still maintain a substantial influence in, at least in political, diplomatic, and military terms, will be Europe. But that will also wane as its decline will force it to look more inwardly – something which it has always tended to do when faced with harsh economic realities at home.

Besides, Europe’s global dominance will also go into a period of some decline, as other new emerging economic superpowers such a Brazil and India start flexing their muscles. So US influence in Europe will be of much less global consequence.

Expect the world to be very different in 30 years time – unlike today it will be very much a multipolar world. Not only because of China, Russia, India, and Brazil, but many other smaller countries, such as some in Latin America, will surge ahead.

And expect too for the United States to eventually start breaking up. As the wealthiest states such as California and Texas see little advantage in sustaining the much poorer states.

donsimon
    Free Member

Never.

Harry_the_Spider

Oh… a thread that I can actually comment on with some experience because it’s my job!

As the Chinese become more mechanised with new production facilities and a workforce that demands a higher standard of living the cost of overheads rises to western levels.

They will continue to make a huge amount of stuff, but they won’t take over the World because they won’t be cheap enough.

donsimon
    Free Member

As the Chinese become more mechanised with new production facilities and a workforce that demands a higher standard of living the cost of overheads rises to western levels.

Added to the probable social unrest as the workers try to achieve a better standard of living.

Coyote
    Free Member

And you have a recipe for fragmentation or implosion.

mudshark
    Free Member

My son’s 1/2 Chinese already and he’s only 8 months old.

muddy@rseguy

Hmm, oddly enough if you look at the figures one place manages to outdo both China (by a factor of about 3) and the US (by about 15%) on GDP and economic power…

Anyone guess where that could be?

Answer:

Europe.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What year do you predict that China will take over the world ?’ is closed to new replies.