Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What XS full suss bikes are there?
  • peabrain
    Free Member

Thinking a 14″ frame, maybe a 15″. Most brands seem to do 16″ as the smallest.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Budget?
    Use?
    Erm….gender?

For example, this comes in XS, which is about a 15″ from memory, but is certainly tiny! It does have a few girly touches to it, though.

Nice, either way!

Kahurangi

Pivot Mach 5.7 (Alloy & Carbon) XS = 14.5″

http://www.pivotcycles.com/bike/mach-5-7-alloy/

scotroutes

Cube Sting WLS 140 Comes in a 13.5

sam_underhill

Trek lush

peabrain
    Free Member

Thank you. Sorry was deliberately vague as I wanted to see a broad spectrum of bikes.

These are all good. It is for a growing boy but that doesn’t rule out a ladies bike.

Frame only is another option.

sam_underhill

I think that a couple of years ago, trek started selling the lush as a small person bike with less girly colours. It does seem to appear on the women’s section on their website though.
    Fantastic little bike though. My Mrs had had one for 3 or 4 years and other than some bearings is been fantastic. They paint quality / toughness is probably the only weak point (it has shed paint in a few places from under the heli tape!)

dingleberry
    Free Member

Kona Process 134 comes in XS – 13.6″ seat tube. No frilly bits either, which might be a plus for a young lad!

RobHilton
    Free Member

Short 4x frames are teeny

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How tall is he?
    Loads more bikes have low standovers these days so it does change sizing from the regular x” game.
    Though if he is growing (probably fast) then something used is probably worth a look for a bit.

Rocky Mtn do some I’ve seen, the Orange Diva used to come in tiny (just enough room for a shock), Trek/Giant/Spec womens ranges. Probably some SC frames too.

vinnyeh

Don’t forget you have the option of fitting a set of 24″ wheels to a slightly larger frame – might prolong the usefulness of the frame to you if you’ve a fast grower

dickie
    Free Member

A few years ago I built my ex’s 10 year old a 26″ wheel XS Giant Trance.
    It was a lovely little bike & as they grow you just need to swop frames assuming fork travel is the same.
    But I think a light weight hardtail is the best for youngsters so its not too hard work & doesn’t put them off.

All Terrain used to sell 13″ Handsome Dog etc frames, coupled with a RS SID & some lightish wheels it would make a great bike.

peabrain
    Free Member

I’ll need to measure him. He rides a 13″ trek hardtail and a 24″ wheel norco b-line. It is the norco we are looking to replace as it is almost as old as he is and very heavy. He rides stuff like the Glencoe red and has done the bottom of the fort bill wc dh – to young to get the gondola!

He is really getting into downhill but needs to be something he can ride up hills, or at least push.

Thank you so much for all these suggestions. Kona process looks like a good bet. A used orange five diva would be an idea!

ahwiles
    Free Member

right, as the Giant (Liv) Lust has already been suggested, how about the Intrigue? for something with a bit more Dh-friendly travel?

or a Norco Fluid?

peabrain
    Free Member

Thanks, the intrigue looks nice. Norco do a good range of sizes in the fluid!

ahwiles
    Free Member

Don’t they just! – good old threaded bb too

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What XS full suss bikes are there?’ is closed to new replies.