Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What XC race for a first timer?
  • eyerideit
    Free Member

At the tender age of 39 I’d like to do take part in a race.

So can you tell me of one that will be a good introduction to this particular sphere of pain.

One in the SE would be good.

Thanks

verses

The Mud Sweat and Gears series is an ideal starter. They have several races throughout the day ranging from kids upwards.

MSG Eastern

Generally nice events.

I may well be biased as my local club is hosting round 1 and has been involved for a few years 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Gorrick series are excellent. Good entry numbers, good choice of categories, fun courses.

Do fun or open, you’re technically a master (or vet if you’re 40 this year), but they’re much more competitive categories.

Alternatively depending how soon you’re thinking there’s the Black Park XC race this Sunday near Uxbridge. Great place to try it out, pan flat course, nothing technical, just lots of fast swoopy singletrack.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Highly recommend the Gorrick series. My first race last weekend at the ripe old age of 40 and it was excellent fun. There’s also the Southern XC which starts on the 18th March.

njee20, Is that you on the flyers for the Black Park XC that were circulated at last weekends Gorrick?

br
    Free Member

+1 Gorricks, this is what we did as our first races, real good setup

njee20
    Free Member

njee20, Is that you on the flyers for the Black Park XC that were circulated at last weekends Gorrick?

Yep 😀

Moe

+1 for MSG

servo
    Free Member

Black Park race sounds good think I’ll have get my singlespeed out and have a go.

njee20
    Free Member

It’s a good laugh, very fast, totally flat. Perfect SS course really.

mcboo
    Free Member

Ah West Drayton ran Bucks Off Road last year didnt they? Great event.

njee20
    Free Member

They’ve run it every year it’s taken place, it’s their event 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What XC race for a first timer?’ is closed to new replies.