• This topic has 23 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by JonR.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • What XC full susser would you be looking for
  • JonR
    Free Member

in the 2nd hand market to replace your old faithful hardtail? I’ve been thinking of swapping out my old Stumpy for something with a small amount of bounce and whilst a Flux would be my number 1 choice there aren’t many around in the second hand market.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Anthem

Wozza
    Free Member

I went from a Rocky Mountain Blizzard to a Santa Cruz Blur, i’m pretty happy with it and they come up in the classifieds/eBay all the time.

Clobber
    Free Member

How tall are you, I have a 2008 Scott spark 10 frame up for grabs… The ultimate xc full susser…

nmdbase
    Free Member

My Heckler 🙂

d45yth
    Free Member

The flux is kind of heavy for the amount of travel it has.
    Are you after a full bike or just a frame?

giantjason
    Free Member

Nicolai CC

ibnchris

I wanted to do this same and got a Titus X. It’s 100mm front and back and has done the job admirably. As with clobber I might be looking to sell it if you’re interested. Only because I’m now thinking I might like something with a little bit more bounce. And because I’m a flighty consumerist who likes to have a new toy every now and again…

sefton
    Free Member

mt flux weights in at just over 25lb 😉

but yeah you can get lighter frames

njee20
    Free Member

Top Fuel, Epic, Anthem, Spark, ASR-SL. You’re not gonna go far wrong, try a few, see what you like!

JonR
    Free Member

I’m just after options to be honest, drawing up a shortlist of frames to look out for. The Titus and the Blur both look to be very nice. Nicolai CCs are like rocking horse dung in my experience.

Clobber
    Free Member

You missed spark…

JonR
    Free Member

The spark isn’t a bad looking machine but I’ve never taken to scott as a brand. Probably to do with their stars and stripes decals they had a while back and my general dislike of americana.

organic355
    Free Member

Santacruz superlight?

JonR
    Free Member

Santacruz superlight?

Another good shout

mboy
    Free Member

Forum member on here “Jekyll” has been trying to sell his Maverick Durance frame for a while now…

Looks immaculate and a bargain to boot!

They’re awesome frames by the way, love mine and with 5″ of travel it excels at most things, but pedals much better than any other suspension design too. May not be as light as a Top Fuel or the like, but at 5.5lb including shock, it’s probably within a lb of all but the very lightest.

Goes downhill great too!

theade
    Free Member

I ditched the HT and the FS for a Spark 35 carbon, second hand, love it. It’s got remote lock-out, which is ace. Couldn’t be happier 😀

Clobber
    Free Member

Listen to theade… He talks perfect sense…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

remote lockout – why would you want that?

matt_outandabout

Superlight or Cannondale Rush FTW – less to go wrong/wear and very capable.

Or

Any old Sub3’s around?

Basil

Buy my Yeti ASR C 😀

richmtb

Currently loving my new (to me) 2008 Superlight. Does exactly what I want which is give me a lighter, tighter bike for longer less technical rides while still remaining good when the going does get a bit trickier

dickie
    Free Member

There was a nice Blur XC on here for £300 ish recently, seemed a very good price to me.

JonR
    Free Member

Listen to theade… He talks perfect sense…

No doubt but the I can’t shake the moms apple pie and good ol’ boy implication in my head.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘What XC full susser would you be looking for’ is closed to new replies.