Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • what 'xc' fs bikes do people ride (and why)
  • flebby
    Free Member

As per title … Pics are more than welcome if avail.
    Peas out!

Taff
    Free Member

Specialized Epic Elite. Wanted something that peddled like a hardtail but was forgiving on the rough stuff.

Edit: photo bucket isn’t working for me at the moment

cynic-al
    Free Member

Heckler.

druidh
    Free Member

SC Blur XC.

Light, fast(er than I’ll ever be), strong.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Santa Cruz Tallboy Carbon for much the same reasons as Druid and his Blur

manitou
    Free Member

Ellsworth Truth. fast, light and the suspension doesnt pogo.

stumpytrek
    Free Member

Turner Flux (older TNT model)

It’s fast, fun, direct. I wanted one for ages then had an opportunity to buy one. Never regretted it!

somouk
    Free Member

I ride an older Stumpy FSR elite with the 120 mm brain shock.

Slightly heavier than most but can take my extra padding nicely!

cynic-al
    Free Member

but druidh rides only fat bikes!

kiwijohn

95 DBR Axis TT.

Swapped a Cannodale Scalpel for it. hasn’t broken like my first Scalpel.

nammynake
    Free Member

Canyon Nerve XC7. Great all rounder !

therag
    Free Member
    PGreen
    Free Member

Scott Spark 29 Elite.

Fast which suits me, even if i’m not the fastest rider! Comfy for all day, and handled everything its been asked of it easily. Also before it was launched I knew it was the bike for me-I like when I am right!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

This:

Or this (another Canyon nerve XC):

Latter lets me forget about the bike and just get on with riding about. Quality bit of gear imo. Not too pretty tbf. Mech hanger is cheese though – on my 3rd.

#Edit – Thats 3 in 5 months. And at £10 postage each time – I’ve leaned a lesson early on.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Patriot – why? Becuase it crosses more country than most bikes I’ve tried…….

weirdnumber
    Free Member

Canyon Nerve XC (3 in one thread, oh dear) because I just sit all day spin the pedals and it goes up whatever I point it at 🙂

kayak23

Nukeproof Mega, because I’m worth it….

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Giant Anthem X. Fantastic bike, encourages you to go quicker every where, climbs better than any hardtail I’ve ridden and better DH than the 130mm FS bike it replaced. Cheap and just as good if not better than some of the more exotic stuff above.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

04 Marin Mount Vision. Was my first full suss, and even today I’m still struck how fast it is. A really all round, all day bike. Admittedly only the wheels, swing arm, rear shock, cranks and handle bars are original but its still going strong!

Royston
    Free Member

20 posts and not an Orange in sight?

njee20
    Free Member

Trek Top Fuel. It’s light, fun and fast.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

What njee said, handles a dream and can take a pounding.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I ride a nice light weight Rocky mountain Vertex 2008 with rebas hope brakes blah. hope pro2’s on mavic 717rims. what a fantastic bike fantastic for riding over local mountain trails. Considering the fact that I’m a lazy bastard and don’t ride that much these days in a perfect part of the world for the bike I have constructed specifically for riding here. It’s a waste. But when I ride it I loves it! Dark side soz:(

Keando

Kona King Supreme:

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Cannondale Rush carbon. Light, simple sorted single pivot.

Sandwich

2002 Red filing cabinet Orange Sub 5.

MarkE25

I have a Yeti AS-R for XC riding. It replaced a Titus Motolite and I much prefer it as it is not so steep at the front and therefore compensates nicely for my
    Lack of downhill prowess. Climbs really well also!

adi66
    Free Member

Canyon Nerve AM …. not strictly XC but I can out do all of my mates up a hill and then blast down the other side knowing that the lil old canyon will take whatever I throw at it. !

bencooper
    Free Member

This thing:

Rohloff/SUB demo bike by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

Why? It’s supposed to be the shop Rohloff demonstrator, but really I just like the frame, and the forks were demo ones until USE stopped making them. It just feels right for me.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Crikey you don’t see many of those, most snapped?

AD

Turner Flux which replaced an aluminium Revolver (not as nice as the titanium one above though!).
    PS my revolver didn’t snap despite seven years of riding in the lakes – although it does look a bit rough now 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

Crikey you don’t see many of those, most snapped?

Cheers for that 🙂

It’s made by Lightspeed – I’ve heard they’re a reputable company, so if it ever does snap I’m sure they’ll sort it out…

AD

😆

winrya
    Free Member

Very Custom trance x. With adjustable 120-150 blackbox revs and the reverb it’s great fun going up or down

flebby
    Free Member

Confused.com.
    been thinking about trying an epic out for a while so probably do that soon, but there’s toooo many others to try and to choose from! never owned a fullsus bike so blank sheet etc… also – any opinions on whyte or lapierre xc offerings?

fandango
    Free Member

Another Spesh’s Epic here; 2008 Comp. As Taff says it pedals like a HT but is more forgiving. It has more than enough travel for what I want.

Funkydunc, is that pic from the Ridgeway above Cardiff??

Stevo210
    Free Member

‘Dale Rush Carbon. Climbs really well and its more than capable generally. Don’t see too many around either.

posing

using

pennine
    Free Member

Looks like Shipley Glen

pennine
    Free Member

OK OK someone’s got to be the first with an Orange 5 pic 😀

glenh
    Free Member

Looks like Shipley Glen

Probably is Shipley Glen.

For me – C’dale Rush. Does everything I want and super reliable.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘what 'xc' fs bikes do people ride (and why)’ is closed to new replies.