Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What Wrist Support?
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

I’m recovering from ligament surgery and it hasn’t hurt up till now. Last night I fell on it and it made me realize I should get some protection.

ton

i used a couple of 661 wrist support.
    the ones with a plate that slips in the front. they were ok for dh duties too.

therealhoops
    Free Member

like this?

100mphplus
    Free Member

Bioskin cock-up wrist support – period!

therealhoops
    Free Member

If I had an experimental post-punk indie electronic reggae band ^^^^ would be the title of the difficult second album.

ton

yes mate, mine were a bit more basic, but they are similar.

zerocool

Just be careful with wrist supports as I know quite a few people who have broken their clavicles while wearing them and then had Ortho Surgeons and doctors say that it’s because the wrist is supposed to absorb a lot of the impact when people FOOSH (fall onto outstretched hand).
    Fox used to do a glove with wrist wraps built in that were pretty comfy.

therealhoops
    Free Member

I broke my scaphoid, radius and had my SL ligament rebuilt using a part of my FCR. I can’t afford to break it again so doing a clavicle instead would be the pref’d choice.

davosaurusrex

I’ve tried the 661 type but find that they really interfere with grip and control. Best for me (broken the scaphoid on both wrists) was the Fox wrist wraps as above, unfortunately they don’t make them any more. I bought a few pairs when I heard they were being discontinued. Don’t know if you can still find them

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What Wrist Support?’ is closed to new replies.