• This topic has 50 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by chum3.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • what would you spend £1000 on?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Get someone to splash out on the other for you.

Bregante

Dirty boy

chakaping
    Free Member

If you gave me £1k and told me I had to spend it on bike gear I’d get a Lyrik and a Fox Float X2 for my enduro bike to jazz it up a bit.

You’re not going to give me £1k though, I bet.

wilburt
    Free Member

I would buy a Osprey Farpoint 40 flight bag, thats £75 with my YHA discount and put the rest in my current acc so it looked better every time I checked.

core

A new sump guard for my rally car, some race overalls, then a silenced .410 shotgun, probably enough left for quite a few cartridges too.

mcnultycop

Some said a skills course, right?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Holiday
    The mega still recruiting?

weeksy

Mrs Weeksy.

Can’t actually think of anything for me.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Give me 1000 quid and I’ll tell you.

rockhopper70

A few years ago, we went away for a short uk break.
    When I returned, I had a letter asking me to call the halifax bank as I had won on that free prize draw they ran, prizes of £100, £1000 and £100,000.
    When I rang, they said I had to go in person to confirm my ID.
    It took about half an hour for staff to confirm my ID, all the time they didn’t say how much I’d win.
    They then had to ring the prize line and spoke to the handler at the other end. Another ten minutes of ID confirmation.
    She then started to fill the transfer form in In front of me, while in the phone to the handler.
    When it came to the figure…….£……….1……….0……….0……….0 (at this point, I thought, Shirley not £100k…..)
    It wasn’t, but I’d won a grand!

Long way round to the answer rot the OP’s question, but I paid for another short break for the family and donated £100 to a local children’s hospice.

That was a good day.

chum3
    Free Member

Pay someone to sort all the niggles and finish the maintenance ‘to do’ list on my bikes, and replace all the parts that are getting towards the end of their life with a sprinkling of upgrades…

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘what would you spend £1000 on?’ is closed to new replies.