Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)
  • What would you have done (honestly)?
  • Smee
    Free Member

TJ – no it's not – you weren't there – you do not know what happened. I can assure you that you have a totally different picture in your mind to what actually happened. If anything they assaulted me.

Ton – they guy wouldnt have been surrounded if they had ridden past. They escalated the situation be being a numpty and trying to force their way through. It would not have happened if they hadn't done this.

JW – You need to get out more.

ex-pat
    Free Member

May backfire with the older one – his pride is dented, but at least one of the other lads will no doubt have a think about whether he wants to be on the receiving end next time I reckon – so job well done.
    Had you gone round the next person to come along may have tried to stand up and not thrown the first punch, resulting in something worse.
    I'd avoid the path for a few weeks, at least on a nice bike…

Smee
    Free Member

Jamie – best way to get out of a tight situation is to not get in one in the first place. I'll bet the OP has crashed their car lots and been unable to finish jobs they've started all because of piss poor planning…

Jamie
    Free Member

Ok, why is it that posts are not showing up? I know there have been some in the last 5 mins…

Edit:….there we go.

Smee
    Free Member

Shakes head in disbelief and hopes none of the above idiots ever get into a really tight spot.

julianwilson
    Free Member

JW – You need to get out more.

…and there's the second funniest thing I've read on here in ages. Wow, two in the same thread!

Dave
    Free Member

The best way to win a fight is to not be in a fight.

Practice that and step away from this thread then.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Smee – all I have to go on is your description which you repeat on this thread – that is a clear assault. No question about it.

? I've used someones momentum and my body position to put them on their arse, but not hit anyone.

That is an assault. In your own words. You put them on their arse = assault. No defence of self defence.

Archiedale
    Free Member

Try to avoid fight if possible but if contact does start fight like a
    lion.You took the same action as most of us would take, pat yourself on the back and move on……….

sockpuppet

Jamie – best way to get out of a tight situation is to not get in one in the first place. I'll bet the OP has crashed their car lots and been unable to finish jobs they've started all because of piss poor planning…

i might check i on this later to see if it gets any more ridiculous.

but then again i might not bother: it's not really very interesting.

crazy-legs

i might check i on this later to see if it gets any more ridiculous.

I think the uber troll has just got himself a lifetime ban so the potential for the thread to degenerate has probably dropped quite significantly.

You never know how to handle these situations until it actually happens. I've had the same: coming along the canal about dusk, lights on and there a big gang of kids under a bridge near the local Tescos. I'm nervous about it but there's no other option than for me to ride right past them.

Got closer and one of the kids yells "Oi Sharon, watch out yer dizzy tart, there's a bike coming!" Cue laughter, screams and a bunch of kids scampering out the way and one guy said as I passed "Sorry about that mate! Cool light!"

Yet 5 miles away from there on the (same canal), someone was mugged for their bike by a gang of kids a year or so ago. Could go either way and you need to keep your wits about you and react according to the situation which sounds like what the OP did.

anagallis_arvensis

I think the OP did the right thing, however had it been me, I'd have either run away or taken a kicking. As a teacher I could easily ruin my career punching a minor (even if he deserved it).

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

AA – not if it is reasonable force in self defence which from the info we have is about the truth of it. Its nothing to do with "deserving" its about justifiable and reasonable.

ton

george……………i hope you did not aim the idiot thing at me.
    and i have been in more tight spots and rucks than you can ever imagine mate.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Played a lot of rugby ton?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

A few yrs ago i walked down my road near the local off-license and there was a group of kids there. One was obviously drunk, standing in the middle of the road yelling obscenities at the world etc. He saw me & demanded i go and by alcohol for him – of course i said no.
    Then he started gobbing off at me & that's where i made a series of poor decisions…
    I spoke to him, told him if he wanted some one to do something for him then gobbing off wasn't the right way. He then calmed down and asked me to by cider for him – to this day i don;t know why i agreed to it, i think i had some plan to pour it away. Anyway, bought the cider, came out and he attempted to grab it, words ensued & i headbutted him and smashed his nose. Then i poured the cider away and told the lot of them to f*** off before i lost my temper etc.

All so well & good thought i, as i walked into the barbers shop for my monthly haircut.
    BANG!!!! went the plate glass shop front as the little barstewards hurled a brick through it.

Poor shop keeper had a smashed window because of my stupid actions when i could have just carried on walking. Instead i had to let my emotions get the better of me. 😕

misterfrostie
    Free Member

Put yourself in the scrotes shoes for a minute.

You hassle a guy on a bike on the canal towpath. He politely tries to get his way through, you succeed in intimidating him and bigging yourself up in front of all your mates and you all sling stones at him as he cycles away. You'll do it again to the next guy that comes along. Might be a little more serious next time.

Alternatively, you stop a guy that gets off his bike and slaps you, making you look an arse in front of your mates. Chances are you aint going to do that again. You probably feel a bit of a prat.

Top marks psycle. I love the way smee trawls the internet clearly looking for an argument. Then he finds one, slates some posters for attempting to avoid teh swear filter then gets on all foul mouthed himself.

Ton – I like the cut of your jib mate. Clearly you understand how these situations work. Well done for coming out the other side mate 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘What would you have done (honestly)?’ is closed to new replies.