Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What would you have done?
  • rascal
    Free Member

Found some walking boots earlier. Had a dilemma about what to do for the best…so just posted this on a popular walking forum…

“Was out in Leicestershire (Cademan Woods, Whitwick) this afternoon and someone had left 2 pairs of boots in the car park.
    They were on a bin – I had a look at them and they’d had mud scrapped out of the soles and had obviously been put on top of the bin while putting clean footwear on – then drove off. Way too good for the bin.

I wasn’t sure what to do so I put them on the floor next to my car (which was parked by the bin) so if the owners came back they would find them quite easily – I thought if I left them on the bin in full view then someone would have nabbed them. Went for a spin and a couple of hours later they were still there so I brought them home.
    Not sure if I’ve done the right thing but if they’d been picked up by someone else they would never be reunited with their owners – at least this way there’s an outside chance.
    If they’re yours, confirm what make and size they are so you can have your boots back.
    I would be gutted if I’d left mine somewhere!”

Obviously there will be the usual conflict of opinions but I’d like to get the boots back to the owners and didn’t want some opportunist to just take them either.

samuri
    Free Member

I’d have left a note

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Do they fit you ?

rascal
    Free Member

Didn’t have a pen.
    No they don’t fit – unless I chop my toes off.

MrNutt
    Free Member

BOOT THIEF!! what are you? some kind of podophilie? don’t expect us to provide you with absolution!

Pook

Piedophile

Rorschach
    Free Member

Wee’d in em……

rickmeister

You are Cinderella and I claim my £5

jam-bo

Isn’t that called foraging?

Scapegoat

Ring 101 and report them as found property. You keep hold of them and the local cops look out for a lost property report to match against.

rascal
    Free Member

Phoned the fuzz.
    Taking them into Loughborough station tomorrow.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What would you have done?’ is closed to new replies.