Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What would you have, Cove Stiffee fr or spesh enduro sl?
  • pimpmyride
    Free Member

I'm still pondering on the decision if a full suss will be better or more fun than my current Cove Stiffee?
    Its loads of fun but I can't stop thinking about if I would enjoy it more going back to full suss.

Does anyone have a stiffee and a full suss? if so how do they rate the bikes in terms of can you do a lot more on the full suss?

Don't want to get rid of the stiffee and be regretting it 🙁

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

SL and Stiffe are totally different bikes. The SL is a long travel enduro bike, the Stiffe a lot more hardcore, IMO. Personally, I wouldn't (And indeed didn't!) get an SL when a Pitch is so much cheaper and at least as good…..And probably more of a match to the Stifee as well.
    🙂

PJ266
    Free Member

I dont have a full sus, but i do have a stiffee ( 😉 ) I think its safe to say you can do more on the stiffee. I ride street, dirt jump, downhill and ride all day XC on mine. The enduro will be easier to ride fast on properly rough downhills but thats about it tbh.

heihei

You'll miss the Stiffee. I had one, as well as a Turner 5-Spot. I sold the Stiffee when I got a Ti 456, and whilst I love both the Turner and On-One, a bit of me misses the Stiffee.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I sold my stiffee to fund a enduro sl. The enduro is an excellent bike, capable of everything, especially the downs as its faster & smoother. However I do miss the stiffee & to be honest regret selling it, it did everything the enduro does although a bit harsher on the back end!!
    If I had the choice again, i`d spend the money on upgrading the stiffee.

MrAgreeable

What PJT266 said. I like my full susser because it lets me get away with riding like a numpty, and you can blat over rocky stuff at ridiculous speed, but that's about it really.

tinsy
    Free Member

This is a silly question, the only TRUE answer is you need both. Though PP might have a point… but then he is bias.

psychle
    Free Member

I think I'll be having both actually (though my hardtail will hopefully be a Chameleon). I do like my Enduro SL but it can be overkill sometimes, takes a bit of the fun out of moderate trails 🙂

oopnorth
    Free Member

Actually to add to my post, not long after I ended up getting another hardtail, a dialled PA, again a great bike. I reckon you need both to suit all riding!! Maybe to save hassle I should have kept the stiffee & saved longer for the fs… 😕

flyingmonkeycorps

I own a Stiffee and a Heckler, used to be a Stiffee and a Giant VT. Wouldn't sell my Stiffee for the world – there's not much I can't do on it that I can on the Heckler (and that's down to me rather than the bike) and on anything more jumpy or pumpy it's way more fun anyway.

Save up and buy a bouncer as well 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

How about the new 2010 Enduro? It seems more hardcore as it has Lyriks on the front.

Pezzers
    Free Member

Cove Hustler? The front end of a stiffee with a full sus rear? sounds ideal for you.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Don't think I really need to upgrade it but its gone to a new home now anyway 🙁
    Someone bought it for £950
    I'm 30 and starting to feel it a bit on the back end harshness and the pitch or sl should be a lot nicer to ride at speed.

Think I will regret it though…. heres some pics to look at and to judge if i'm crazy or not?

steve_b77
    Free Member

You are indeed bonkers.

I kind of have the slighty jeyer version of what you're after.

I had a Pitch, now have a Nicolai Helius CC, but I also have a Handjob, it's such a bloody good bike I don't think I'll ever sell it

dropoff

You've just done a really silly thing (In my humble opinion ofcourse) You can't describe the ride of a Stiffee and although many manufacturers have tried to copy it no one's got it quite right.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Hey dropoff, rang the chap about collecting the Enduro SL I was meant to be picking up on saturday/sunday and he couldn't even answer the simplest question about the bike!
    I got a bad vibe about the whole thing so have decided to keep the Stiffee.

But annoyed though as the chap buying it seemed a nice guy and may be a bit fedup now but it was unavoidable

steve_b77
    Free Member

Oh well, better safe than sorry

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Yeah, the last thing I want to do is ride around on a stolen bike 🙁

dropoff

I'm self employed and during the winter had no work so sold everything that I had to pay the bills, the last thing was the Stiffee but no body would buy it even for 80 squids. Now we've got shed loads of work I've built it back up with nice new bits and its ace, makes me smile every time I get on it. I call it my lucky escape. 🙂

Rich
    Free Member

Your Cove looks fun.

My Stiffee is the only frame I will never sell!

PeterPoddy – Member
    SL and Stiffe are totally different bikes. The SL is a long travel enduro bike, the Stiffe a lot more hardcore, IMO. Personally, I wouldn't (And indeed didn't!) get an SL when a Pitch is so much cheaper and at least as good…..And probably more of a match to the Stifee as well.

Pitch owner in claiming it's as good as an Enduro shocker!

nigew
    Free Member

You prob made the right decision, my Stiffee is the only bike i kept when a financial tornado hit our household 18 months ago!
    Pezzers made a great suggestion ^ up there though, when your flush why not build a Hustler up, i did it last September and really really like it!
    I tried a few different full sussers first inc a Spesh Stumpjumper FSR and none seemed quite right.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What would you have, Cove Stiffee fr or spesh enduro sl?’ is closed to new replies.