Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What would you gain from misleading police on the date your car was stolen?
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

A golf gti was dumped in our close. It was Left hand drive with a nice bodykit and alloys on it (I’m not a fan of bodykits but this one looked nice, and showed the car had love and money spent on it) it was here for 6 weeks till us residents deduced it didn’t belong to us, someone informed the police and it was taken away. We did contact the police earlier but the plates and tax disc had been changed and a quick check off them showed it not to be reported stolen.

The owner is now claiming it was taken only a few weeks ago, i know it was there mid July as I have photos of a BBQ we had and you can see it in the background. I think it closer to mid June since it was dumped. My question is why would the vehicles owner say it’s only been gone a few weeks? What possible scam are they trying to pull?

warton
    Free Member

more than likely they didn’t have insurance when it was ‘stolen’.

konabunny
    Free Member

The thief was a Timelord. The car was in fact only taken from the owner a few weeks ago, then taken back in time to mid-June, and abandoned at that point.

HTH

hilldodger
    Free Member

just back from holiday or working away from home ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

more than likely they didn’t have insurance when it was ‘stolen’.

This would be my guess…or maybe did have only third party, but no theft.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Seems likely now it’s mentioned it was either not fully insured or not insured at all. The vehicle owner is stating it was taken only a few weeks ago, i know the date the photos were taken and It can’t reasonably be confused with any other car due to the distinctive wheels and bodykit (aside from knowing it’s been there ages)

totalshell

and this is your problem because?

uplink
    Free Member

Maybe he only noticed it missing a few weeks ago

How do you have the details of the police report anyway?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Totalshell, not a problem. Was a hazard due to the way it was parked.

Uplink, I don’t have a police report. The police were interested as to the residents claims the cars been there since June, but the owner insists it was taken a few weeks ago. When things dont match up they ask further questions and in this case if anyone can provide evidence.

DickBarton

You provided your pics with date details?

I reckon dodge insurance that needed made to cover theft…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What would you gain from misleading police on the date your car was stolen?’ is closed to new replies.