Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • what would you do with unwanted clothing?
  • iridebikes
    Free Member

I’m moving on friday, and have a lot of unwanted clothing, which I’d like to donate to a charity rather than throw away.

Any suggestions?

Onzadog
    Free Member

You must live in a much nicer area than I do. Can’t move for charity shops around here. Pick one you like.

iridebikes
    Free Member

Hah not all, there’s one up my local shops between the chippy and the Chinese. And loads down town. Some of the clothes aren’t really desirable enough to sell, so I’d like to send them to a charity that would perhaps send them to homeless people in the UK or abroad?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Any clothing banks near the bottle banks and recycling bins?

john_drummer
    Free Member

what Onzadog said

just bag em up & drop em in

bearnecessities

Cover your area; worth a call?

http://www.dens.org.uk/contactus/

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Try and drop them in when the shop is open rather than leaving them on the doorstep. Folk steal the bags of donated clothes and sell them to the shops that give you £x amount per kilo of old clothes.

RustySpanner

what would you do with unwanted clothing?

Buy it, usually. 🙂

iridebikes
    Free Member

Funnily enough, dens is very close to me, and I actually know someone who works there. I’ll give them a call.

maccruiskeen

Some of the clothes aren’t really desirable enough to sell,

Let the charity shop be the judge of that. They won’t appreciate a bag full of moth eaten skids but they’ll have a strategy for sorting the sellable clothes from the not-so-sellable and a way of selling/recycling the rest – even if its just as rags its still money for them.

Altermatively amongst the bottle banks at your local supermarket there’ll be one or more textile banks

wallop

I put them in carrier bags next to my street recycling.

ads678

I put mine in the yorkshire air ambulance bin by the bottle banks. It’s my way of repaying them should I ever need them!

sobriety
    Free Member

and even those that aren’t good enough to sell, the charity will get them turned into rags and sell them to engineering firms…

garage-dweller

In order of priority for me….
    Charity shop
    Clothing (and shoe) banks.
    Pants (laundered) and ruined or worn out t shirts go to the garage for rag use if not fit for anything else.

watsontony
    Free Member

Onzadog – Member
    You must live in a much nicer area than I do. Can’t move for charity shops around here. Pick one you like.

We have scrap clothes shops lol you can genuinely weigh them in. Thats in Accrington. If you need either a pound shop, a pound bakery or to weigh some clothes in then defo worth a visit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘what would you do with unwanted clothing?’ is closed to new replies.