Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • What would you do with £15'000?
  • brakes
    Free Member

split it three ways – £10k to the kid for the bank, £3k to the wife for shoes and shit, £4k for me for new bike bits and maths lessons

MoreCashThanDash

brakes – how are the maths resits going?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Put in bank and eventually hand it over to some third rate institute of higher education so my worthless offspring can gain a pointless qualification.

Then shoot myself.

marcus7
    Free Member

If it were my wife she would give it to the nice kitchen man thats round our house now… 🙁 …

Sandwich

Probably spend it on an attic conversion….

Having seen the man cave 15k is not going to be enough!

avdave2

If I had to actually spend it then a garage rebuild/extension to include an area in which my wife is not permitted to put anything ever especially if it’s come from the garden and needs to go to the tip.

anagallis_arvensis

I inherited exactly that amount when I was about 15. I invested it, over the years some of it went on 6 months in NZ, the odd car insurance when times were hard and it ended up going on house deposit.

bikebouy
    Free Member

With £15k I’d like to take over the world.

seadog101

Guitar, amp, and lots of lessons.

molgrips
    Free Member

Air travel.

z1ppy

Give me an interest free loooooooooooong term loan? 😉

Start another business

wwaswas

Buy a long thin bit of woodland and build some cow free singletrack?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/what-would-you-do-with-a-windfall

It went towards buying a bigger house, and banked some to pay for a ‘bucket list’ holiday, touring parts of US on motorbike currently top runner (we do ‘big’ riding, diving and boarding holidays regularly so something different).

fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

Love some of these ideas especially taking over the world. I wonder how much of a cruise missile i could get for £15k!!

wwaswas is there such a thing as cow free singletrack now days?!

The girlfriend has said if it were to happen then I should spend it but given that, like most of us, I’ve never had that much cash before I think I’d find it hard to blow it all. Just not that way inclined.

Quite fancy a 2 week holiday in Barbados for us both and her two boys without having to fly cattle class.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I’d put a 7% deposit down on a pair of Holland & Holland Royal Double Rifles (c. £103,000 each).

willard

Police FEO: “And what is your reason for wanting these rifles Mr. TuckerUK?”

TuckerUK: “They are a work of art. I mean, have you seen the quality of the woodwork?”

ElShalimo

New slippers for me

FuzzyWuzzy

I’d buy 7,500 lottery tickets, then with the millions I won I’d invest it into the mikewsmith’s idea (setting aside some to cover the funeral arrangements)

themog
    Free Member

You, Sir, need a microlite!

benji
    Free Member

Some kit to start frame building with.

midlifecrashes

A big ride, maybe USA, maybe see some European cities I’ve missed out on so far. I’d like to say a big Healey, but I fear a decent one is a fair bit over £15k these days. More realistically, I’d pay someone to finish the renovation on midlifetowers as I’ve lost the mojo on the task.

andy8442
    Free Member

Solar panels, underfloor heating, new boiler, small generator for when the lights go out (obviously not mine)……..We’re all doomed!

pictonroad

That Canadian multi day race in this months Singletrack mag. I want to do that soooooo much.

edward2000
    Free Member

Homer Simpson once said,

with 10,000 dollars we’d be millionaires!!

Hope this helps….

Im here all day

wwaswas

He’s a big lad. Do they make Maxilites?

twoniner
    Free Member

Spend it on Curlywurly’s and sherbet dib dab’s 8)

natrix
    Free Member

loathsome personI’d pay a hitman to break this lawyers kneecaps

fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

He’s a big lad. Do they make Maxilites?

Oi I resemble that remark! 😉

On the subject of hitmen does anyone know how much a decent no questions asked one is now days as I may have a little “job” which needs doing!!! 😯

fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

Double post 😳

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

New slippers for me

Mine were £7.99 from TK Max yesterday. Memory foam footbeds and everything. Only £14992.01 to go.

fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

Might get the car windows tinted which will eat up about £500 if i get them both done.

God I’m crap at spending money!!

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Race entries and flights – transalp, trans savoir, bc bike race, holiday in bc afterwards.

Anything left probably buy another bike I don’t need to use in them.

Either that or do something to annoy people who like football.

kimbers

fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

Kimbers has the best idea yet. The commute to work would be mental!

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘What would you do with £15'000?’ is closed to new replies.