Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What would you do / never for your family?
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I was recently chatting with a good friend of mine who told me that he could never bring himself to inflict any injury or death on another human being. Initially I thought this was the sentiment of a peace-loving pacifistic hippy. But on reflection, I realise that it means that if someone were to attack his family he would rather stand by and watch then intervene. Do you think he maybe a) had no idea what he was saying b) was a pussy c) had completely lost all perspective

d) your own interpretation

sobriety
    Free Member

d) you don’t know what you’re capable of until you have to make the choice, fortunately most people never have to make the choice.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Most people have no idea until put into the situation…

Of course, the manly man in me thinks I’d kill someone for looking at my arse in a funny like loving me type way, but I’m sure in reality when it comes to it, I’d probably let someone have a lick’n’rim rather than kill them to death on the internet.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Why both analysing what people say. Short of you bludgening his nearest and dearest to death with the proverbial bombers, you’ll never know… and would you be any wiser or better off if you did know?

wwaswas

wot sobriety sed.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Yup.

Plenty of murderers who previous to their crime were people who were those everyone (including themselves) would describe as not being able to hurt a fly.

donsimon
    Free Member

Of course, the manly man in me thinks I’d kill someone for looking at my arse in a funny like loving me type way

Why d’ya buy the skinny jeans then?

yunki
    Free Member

I was going to do the dishes and check the oil in the car for ’em earlier..
    but I didn’t.. I’m too busy on here to be bothering with them needy whingebags..

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve already promised my Dad I’ll kill him before he gets too old.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

he didn’t mention he wouldn’t inflict pain, . . perhaps he’s into some weird s@*t?

Cougar

Should’ve said “excellent” and punched him in the willy.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I would, but it seems he’s been banned 🙁

Kevevs
    Free Member

that is an impossible question. but a slight thought about it- I would protect my own never mind the consequences.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i think it is an oft said sentiment that says that you wont really hurt folk unless you have no alternative or there is an emotional response that temporary removes you from your reasoning power.
    I have caught someone breaking in to my car what did I do restrain them and waited for the police. Even the police seemed disappointing i had not given him a few digs when I had the opportunity. I know someone who hospitlaised someone for a microwave oven that was three years old and cost £25 new – they broke into his house but he was charged and prosecuted- he did go way OTT breaking limbs etc.
    However where my kids were involved [ helping them at zoos aside] i suspect I would loose much of my liberal tendencies and objectivity ….in all honesty I do not know what I would or would not do in that scenario and hope I never find out

gwj72
    Free Member

I would do anything for love. But I won’t do “that”.

chewkw
    Free Member

But on reflection, I realise that it means that if someone were to attack his family he would rather stand by and watch then intervene. Do you think he maybe a) had no idea what he was saying b) was a pussy c) had completely lost all perspective d) your own interpretation

d) He is a selfish person who thinks he is above human being. Maggot!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

STAMP ON HIM!!

Chekw – have you considered that this could also prove good cross training for explosive thigh strength?

Kevevs
    Free Member

those nescafe latte/cappuchionos 10 in a box for a pound instead of 2.55 at asda.

supertramp
    Free Member

I would never cook chips for my nan. I would walk my sisters dog, but not very far. I hope this helps

chewkw
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member

STAMP ON HIM!!

Chekw – have you considered that this could also prove good cross training for explosive thigh strength?

Stepping on the maggot yes. 😈

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What would you do / never for your family?’ is closed to new replies.