Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • What would you do if you could, anything.
  • samuri
    Free Member

Seeing as we're on a whimsical theme today….

On the radio this morning, they were asking listeners to phone in and say what they would do if they had all the time in the world and enough money that they could go and do anything they wanted. Probably part of a mid-life crisis thing.

One chap phoned up and said he'd like to tour America on a Harley Davidson as a freelance tattoist having a great many romantic trysts on the way.

I thought this was a particularly good suggestion as it turned out he didn't have a motorbike, had no money, couldn't draw, never had any luck with the ladies and wasn't a tattoist.

It got me thinking though, what would I do?

I eventually settled on a similar theme where I would tour Europe, like forever, on a push bike. I would head South in Winter and North in Summer. I would spend each night in a different small country bed and breakfast where the proprietor would always be an attractive middle aged divorcee with a penchance for tight silk clothing, expensive french underwear and visiting cyclists. I would not need money, but I would earn it occasionally either by heading into the Alps in Winter and teaching rich debutanes to ski or taking stunning pictures of sunsets over the Italian lakes and selling them to German property barons.

I would eventually die well over the age of 80 with a satisifed grin on my face propping up a bar on an expensive stretch of Mediterranean coastline.

What would you do though?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Dunno but you probly wouldn't see me for vapour trails in the sky or the wake of the ship!

br
    Free Member

A tour of Spanish brothels?

theotherjonv

Kylie and Dannii. Together, then apart and then together again. Over and over.

I would eventually die well slightly over the age of 80 41 with a satisifed grin an exhausted look on my face

alwyn
    Free Member

Travel the depths of Eastern Europe, Russia, Nepal, Tibet then where ever else I fancied. Write a decent diary on the way, then get that pubished and inspire people to do the same.

Grow old and buy a vinyard in Italy or France, produce great wine, read lots of books and spend the day in the sun on the road bike going up the Dolimites or Pyrenees. Watching the great tours go past, with someone I love and die happy.

iDave
    Free Member

buy a ruined village in spain, maybe near a coruna, fix it up, pay people i like to come and stay there and do whatever we wanted to do and have parties at random venues around the world, very often, and invite random people from the global parties back to the base, write books of my dumb thoughts, eat and drink and train for mad ultra endurance events and shag a lot too. not that i've ever given it any thought…..

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Tour the world on a bike.

Tour the world in a campavan.

loddrik
    Free Member

Hairychested, definitely not into false ones.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I've been thinking about this too. I don't know if I should do this but a couple of days ago I created a photo set called "Chasing the Dream" to kind of give myself a boost as I gave up work just over a year ago and I am now getting a bit stressed trying to get back into work but do something constructive and with people who get where I am coming from. I think I'm doing ok considering 🙂

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simonralli/sets/72157624425503762/

I think I would try and do something to help the rainforests if I didn't have to worry about money in the future. Right now I am looking for sustainability related work in Brazil.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

I would buy myself a beautiful yacht and sail round and round and round the world with the family.

juiced
    Free Member

be professional FMXer with loads of tattoos and my own clothing line/ range. 😆

or a talented dj/music producer of some kind.

yunki
    Free Member

Surely it should be to tour America on a Yamaha XS650 bobber as a freelance tattooist having a great many romantic trysts on the way.

Harleys are such a bourgeoise cliche..

But MY dream would be very similar only it would be touring the planet in a beat up old house truck..

sweepy
    Free Member

First thing id do is send work a postcard saying I wont be back. Then summers somewhere hot and winters in Norway (in my hut)

Philby

Very slow, very time consuming world tour, shagging beautiful women in each country, and trying to do something useful in places where its needed e.g. Indonesian rainforest, developing countries

stuey
    Free Member

chemical and spiritual sublimation.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I would get myself a proper camper van thing – probably based on a Unimog, with a satelite web connection on it, my motorbike strapped to the back, probably a mountain bike and canoe of some sort strapped to the roof… my camera, my laptop and perhaps a "companion" and piss off exploring the world and documenting everything I saw.

For a very, very long time.

Probably come back eventually and have a croft back up in Orkney where I could live out my days as the disgraceful hippy that I am 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Fly my spaceship to exotic planets, possibly with octopoid women…

loddrik
    Free Member

And I'd like to overthrow Thatcher!!!

Oh, hang on a minute….

IanW
    Free Member

Probably live somewhere nice, work with some decent souls, have a few mates, enough mullah to travel around a bit, raise a family and pretty much do as I please.

bliss

aracer
    Free Member

Along the lines of the original, firstly I'd win 15 Olympic Gold medals in 3 different sports, then I'd spend my winters in a variety of nice ski resorts, and summers where the wind is good with a windsurfer of kite board. Occasionally I'd put in a bit of training and come back to the UK to set a variety of records for open sea crossings in a kayak and similar stuff.

Ti29er
    Free Member

A Travelling Marshall at the IOM TT.

(Which pre-supposes you are a Manx resident & have previously reached the level required in domestic club racing & have previously raced the IOMTT on at least one occation and lived!)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

(help) find life on Mars.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Find someone nice. Go travelling. Take lots of photos. Ride lots. And if I get time, become a space tourist.

'Spect I've got time to travel somewhere this summer, just can't afford to go anywhere that I really want to (like NZ).

Ti29er
    Free Member

This summer, NZ is in the grip of mid-winter!
    Try the High Atlas Mtns, 1hr from Marrakesh, £100 & 3hrs from Luton et al. £15 a day for 2 meals & a bed for the night, plus your own snacks; stay with the locals as every village has accommodation.
    Email me if you want more info

PJM1974
    Free Member

Hmm…. My aspirations are fairly low but they would probably include:

1) Being flown over Cape Town in an English Electric Lightning.

2) Owning several properties in prime biking locations

3) Owning a large stable of bikes, which almost goes without saying really.

4) Oh, and I'd kick Tony Blair in the chumleys every hour on the hour until I got bored.

willard

Buy a large chunk of a very nice wine producing area, and then spend the rest of my life trying to make the perfect wine.

The spare time I would spend growing veg, hunting any animal that ate the veg or worried the vines, and probably training and riding horses.

tron
    Free Member

Collection of cars (think Steve Perez style), decent house with land, a couple of dogs.

The house would be somewhere like the Barshams in Norfolk (easy to get to the sea or a town), but with some decent riding transplanted into the locality 😆

I'd want another house in somewherel ike Croatia or the Czech republic.

A yacht would be nice to have too. One with sails though, not a gin palace.

I'd be circuit racing and rallying as often as possible.

I'd want first dibs on booting both Blair and Brown in the balls too.

badnewz
    Free Member

Have a yacht in the Med and write trashy spy novels.

wwaswas

It may sound trite but if I could do anything I'd make sure no-one in the world was hungry, persecuted or ill.

Then I'd make them all queue up and kick Blair in the spuds.

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

finish my degree
    learn how to ski/snowboard
    go scuba diving
    go paragliding
    learn how to make a quilt
    learn a language
    take lots of classes in drawing, painting and photography

then travel lots of places til I find the perfect spot to built my house -with mountains behind, an indoor swimming pool, and a pump track out back for starters

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

I would own an airstrip and renovate classic military aircraft and display them at airshows.

Plus I'd have a load of bikes too.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘What would you do if you could, anything.’ is closed to new replies.