Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • What would you do?
  • matt_outandabout

Just phoned the logistics company who gave me the number for vodaphone who said drop it into a vodaphone shop.

IMO, Vodafone can get off their own arse and collect their own phone, that is worth a lot to them.

the-muffin-man

IMO, Vodafone can get off their own arse and collect their own phone, that is worth a lot to them.

^very much this!

martinhutch

If a new Vodafone account has been created, with an iPhone sent out, in your name, and you know nothing about it, I can’t think of a single explanation for that that doesn’t involve identity theft.

Very much this. I wouldn’t be handing it back over the counter until I had an explanation from Vodafone as to when, and by what means this contract/purchase was set up.

Speak to your bank/credit card provider as well to see if there are any unusual transactions/direct debits set up recently.

Oh, and run yourself through one of the free credit checkers to see if anything you don’t recognise has been set up using your details.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

Oh, and run yourself through one of the free credit checkers to see if anything you don’t recognise has been set up using your details.

This was a very good idea. Using the experian free trial I’ve seen that someone has set up an direct debit on my account.

Vodafone have cancelled the account and I’ve cancelled the card related to the account used to set up the DD.

Cougar

Just phoned the logistics company who gave me the number for vodaphone

Isn’t that a breach of the Data Protection Act?

who said drop it into a vodaphone shop.

Why should you go out of your way? It’s their mistake, they’re legally obliged to collect it at no cost to yourself.

Cougar

Using the experian free trial I’ve seen that someone has set up an direct debit on my account.

The next question of course is, how?

sbob
    Free Member

What would you do?

I’d probably head to the pub.

I haven’t of course read further than the thread title, but I would be alarmed if my advice was unsound.

martinhutch

This was a very good idea. Using the experian free trial I’ve seen that someone has set up an direct debit on my account.

Vodafone have cancelled the account and I’ve cancelled the card related to the account used to set up the DD.

Sensible. If you’ve got the free Experian membership, it’s worth chatting to them about their anti-fraud monitoring service. You might need a fraud marker put on your credit file for a few months in case they try again.

Still haven’t quite fathomed whether they tried to get the phone sent elsewhere, or just didn’t realise it would go to the cardholder address.

slackalice
    Free Member

sbob – Member
    What would you do?
    I’d probably head to the pub.

I haven’t of course read further than the thread title, but I would be alarmed if my advice was unsound.

😆 Made me chuckle! 😆

HungryHungryHippo

Be wary of someone knocking on your door saying their phone was accidentally delivered to your address. I think there’s a scam along those lines.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘What would you do?’ is closed to new replies.