Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • What would you do?
  • Cougar

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBbGSZOMFeQ[/video]

piemonster

Last guy had it right

piemonster

What was the fire extinguisher supposed to achieve?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigblackshed

I’d probably be having “an interesting conversation” with the police.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Pub

Cougar

I think the last guy is an actor – he looks like the same bloke doing the murdering about a minute in.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

heel to the head as I was dialing 999

maccruiskeen

I think the last guy is an actor – he looks like the same bloke doing the murdering about a minute in.

I think the last guy demonstrates that the rest of the film is not an observational experiment. If they were real random passers by being faced with what they thought was a real scenario theres a good chance the guy doing the pretend murdering would end up hospitalised.

EDIT

In fact its and advert.

piemonster

Would it be inappropriate to crank?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I would imagine hope scream get an adrenalin rush then unleash fury via some swift head kicks in that scenario- DO martial arts so more likely to get stuck in I assume???

Were they armed I am less sure – go and get a large weapon first
    Some of the reactions of just walking away – they dont even look freaked out – are rather worrying

Jesus you guys it is on the internet and you cry fake 🙄
    Its real honest

wordnumb
    Free Member

Fake a heart attack to scare the actors into abandoning the prank.

fatalbert
    Free Member

I would just use the stairs, can’t stand lazy folk who depend on lifts all the time.

maccruiskeen

I would imagine hope scream get an adrenalin rush then unleash fury via some swift head kicks in that scenario- DO martial arts so more likely to get stuck in I assume???

Were they armed I am less sure – go and get a large weapon first
    Some of the reactions of just walking away – they dont even look freaked out – are rather worrying

The reality is absolutely noone knows what they’d do in a situation like this, theres a lot more to your reaction than what you think is the morally right thing to do, what you think is the clever thing to do or what you think you are capable of doing. One of the alarming factors is the more people who are looking on, the less likely any of them will act.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes i am aware of that psychological fact and always counter it by simply acting and demanding help tends to get a positive response

It is odd that the more folk there the less likely a response- iirc this was done on new york subway with “ill” folk – research began after the murder of Kitty genovesie [ spell??] where neighbours all heard her cries and did nothing- odd aspect of human behaviour
    IIRC you were more likely to help if gender race and age matched
    20 years ago mind since I studied this

I agree I cannot be sure hence why I said hope and imagine. I doubt I would ignore a murder though unless i thought I was next.

maccruiskeen

It is odd that the more folk there the less likely a response

Its something that people who’ve been in that situation can’t rationalise – the presence of a crowd paralyses them.

I remember seeing a demonstration on a TV programme about peoples’ reliability as witnesses. They had a group of people who were taking part in various memory experiments, then in their lunch break did the real experiment which was to stage an arguement (leading to an apparently fatal stabbing) between what appeared to be staff in the restaurant. The idea being to then have the subjects experiment would then have to give statements to the police and it would be shown how much peoples recollection of events varied. But something that the show and the experiment passed over was… non of the subjects of the experiment even made a move to get out of their chair – they just watched what they believed to be a murder, then watched the murder leave.

samuri
    Free Member

I see the cyclists got in there and stopped it.

*we’re* awesome!

samuri
    Free Member

Oops, sorry, I forgot which website I was on then. A few of us are awesome.

Bregante

I remember seeing a demonstration on a TV programme about peoples’ reliability as witnesses. They had a group of people who were taking part in various memory experiments, then in their lunch break did the real experiment which was to stage an arguement (leading to an apparently fatal stabbing) between what appeared to be staff in the restaurant. The idea being to then have the subjects experiment would then have to give statements to the police and it would be shown how much peoples recollection of events varied. But something that the show and the experiment passed over was… non of the subjects of the experiment even made a move to get out of their chair – they just watched what they believed to be a murder, then watched the murder leave.

My wife was in that series ( one of the Police interviewers). It was called eyewitness.

Edit: this is it

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_QbTX2qS10&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

I was in the second episode too (but if you blink you’d miss me 😀 )

Kuco

Fart in the lift that clear anyone out 😀

chewkw
    Free Member

Simple.

1. Put something to prevent the lift from closing then …

2. Calmly walk to the back of the first person … then do a very swift 360 degree owl head turn for him. You might hear something snap but that’s normal.

3. While the second guy is recovering do the same.

Two maggots in one lift – job done!

You have free up some space in the world and recycle some fertiliser.

🙄

Davesport

I’d do the handbagging thing 8) That seemed most appropriate 😆

MSP

As they seemed somewhat preoccupied, I reckon I could remove their shoes and wee in them.

MSP

Here’s another take on it.

Why assume the person losing is the victim?

olddog

I would (a) phone the police then (b) steam in. Go to (b) if someone else is doing (a).

On reflection taking a photo, text to someone, then a and b is probably the right course

olddog

… unless he was too big and scary, then I’d run away and pretend nothing had happened

philconsequence
    Free Member

dive in and initiate a tickle fight…. its difficult to strangle somebody when you’re being tickled.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘What would you do?’ is closed to new replies.