Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • what would you do??
  • Nick_Christy
    Free Member

on my dh rig.

i got 2009 avid codes and thinking of having a change as found some 2010 formula the ones fr going cheap.

would it be a worthy upgrade??

im a heavy guy and a big guy so need a good brake set up

regards

nick

hexhamstu
    Free Member

formula parts are expensive so unless in top condition I wouldn’t bother…..

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

sorry forgot to add, its brand new

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hexhamstu
    Free Member

Oh I see them now, yeah go for it. Great brakes and when I ordered some megas from them they came fairly quickly.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Ive had codes and now have the ones. Both very powerfull brakes but the codes are old, bulky and the seals are not great in the older ones. I also got a mega deal on the ones from formula them selves when they had a silly sale. £160 ish both ends with discs iirc.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

That’s the sale the OP is talking about, they currently have the ones FR (no reach or pad adjust on the lever AFAIK) for £155

TheSwede
    Free Member

I got the full blown ones but last years model for the same money. Basically the same as the megas now I think. Still working flawlessly.

rmacattack
    Free Member

Weres this offer from?

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

the swede,

would you they were a benefit or about the same?

my codes are working great, no probs but i need pads and rotors and for 100 euro more i have a set of the ones

TheSwede
    Free Member

To be honest, when they had the original pads in them, them they had more initial bite. So fearsome in fact that Ive detuned them with sintered pads. I had trouble with the pistons sticking on the codes and after a while got fed up with the big ugly grey things. I don’t think I would by the fr versions without any pad contact adjusters though. The pads do wear quick on the ones and I like to maintain an even amount of lever movement so do use the adjusters a often. If the codes are working fine and you are not bothered about the weight I would keep using them but I love my the ones.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘what would you do??’ is closed to new replies.