Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What would you do?
  • bluebird
    Free Member

My neighbour has a disabled parking bay painted on the road outside her house. Normally it doesn’t bother me, but tonight she range our door bell, pointed at the car encroaching into ‘her’ space and asked if it was our car. I said it wasn’t as our car is parked up the road. She huffed off in search of the offending car’s owner without so much as a thank you or good bye. Pretty rude I felt seeing as I’ve done nothing wrong.

So, I thought I’d have a look at the local council’s website to see what the criteria are to get one of these bays and was stunned to read:

Confirmation from your GP that you are unable to walk more than 50 metres unaided. (We write to your GP once you have provided permission).

My neighbour regularly walks to the local high street which is at least 400m away. She’s obviously taking liberties. I don’t see why she should get to park outside her house when the rest of the street have to park wherever is available.

So, would you report her to the council, to get the pay removed?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

i would stfu wingening and get a life – maybe!

Kevevs
    Free Member

are you serious?

bluebird
    Free Member

Yes, I am. She drives a regular car, walks fine, doesn’t get short of breath, as far as I know isn’t disabled, nor is anyone in her house.

As I said it normally doesn’t bother me, but tonight its made me question if the bay should be there. If she was in anyway disabled I wouldn’t question it, but she’s not.

RealMan
    Free Member

Blackmail her into letting you share it with her.

Wondering if she might be on benefits too?

petetheplumber
    Free Member

I have marked and made up one disabled parking bay for a housing association the tenant was in a wheel chair and needed it. I have removed two the first because the tenant moved and the second was no longer required for that tenant. These pays are on private land and the parking in the area is for housing association tenants only Hope that helps.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What would you do?’ is closed to new replies.