Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What would you do?
  • psychle
    Free Member

My wife has been using my ‘old’ Yeti ASR-sl to get an introduction to mountain biking (quite a nice thing to start on it has to be said!). Turns out she likes the great outdoors (though I already knew this) and specifically exploring it on a MTB. So, now we need to sort her out a bike (not complaining, gives me an excuse to spend money!)

So… do I sort out the ASR to suit her? The frame is a medium and quite compact, seems to fit her OK. Or, I’ve spotted a small 2001 Specialized FSR XC frame in the classifieds for £100. Pop on the Hope hoops that I already have, transfer all the parts from the ASR (X0 rear/XTR front derailleurs, X9 shifters, Formula brakes etc) and sell the Yeti frame on.

What do you reckon? Will the Spesh be a good option for her? Or should I let her keep my Yeti? Or… should we just splash out and find a new bike for under a grand or so? What would you do? 🙂

aP
    Free Member

Why spend any more money than you have to?

psychle
    Free Member

indeed… but is a 2001 FSR XC a decent bike? I don’t know…

sc-xc

give her the yeti. My wife’s first bike was my Blur, she now rides a Kobe Ti while I ride a Charge Duster. Her bike is way nicer than min 🙁

thomthumb
    Free Member

if the yeti fits… 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What would you do?’ is closed to new replies.