• This topic has 56 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by aP.
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • What would the discerning STW'er wear to a wedding in Rome?
  • BFITH
    Free Member

Speaking as a half-Italian (Careful what you say! 8) ) who went to his cousins wedding in Italy a few years ago, I would wear a sharp black suit White shirt and deffo wear a tie!
    I went out and bought a beautiful brownish/beige linen suit thinking I would fit in just fine with my well-heeled Italian relatives only to find out that the order of the day was most definitely Black (middle of July too)! Every single male had a black suit on, and whilst I looked pretty good in my Linen suit… I stuck out like a sore thumb.

On the other hand, who wants to be a sheep? as mentioned before…wear morning dress and show them all up!!

A presto e salute!

bikebouy
    Free Member

D&G Jeans,
    Suade Loafers from TODs,
    D&G white shirt, open neck to button 3,
    Black suit jacket by , open,
    Manbag by D&G,
    Shades by D&G.

Don’t thank me.

allthegear
    Free Member

I’d wear a dress. Not sure how much that helps you, though.

Rachel

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

yourguitarhero,

MrSmith
    Free Member

wear whatever you feel comfortable in.
    me i would go for a lightweight wool notch lapel 2 button in super 100’s that fitted well in something that wasn’t black (why look like a waiter/undertaker/bank manager) possibly beige with pale blue shirt, tan oxfords and a tie with red/orange (probably a Missoni to appease the locals) in it with a pocket square that didn’t compete with the tie and definitely not matching as thats for bad dressers who hire form burtons.

closest pic i could find on the web

franksinatra

Update.

Thinking I will go for linen but edging toward a navy suit (I will spill food and drink on a light colour)

Something like this..(but with a fatter face)

scotroutes

Are you single or are you going as a couple? If the former then the only correct answer is a kilt – plus a club to fend them off with.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

(I’m assuming you’re not a Scot otherwise I’d assume you’d wear a skirt)

naaaah, rentakilt anyways

sparksmcguff

Sandals, toga, laurels?

franksinatra

Not single, going with wife.

grantway
    Free Member

footflaps – Member
    A nice linen suit?

+ 1 or a suite from Paul Smith

Dark-Side

I’m currently in Italy, though further North in Turin. On the way into work this morning I walked past a gentleman with a black tie printed on his white shirt. This solution will save you time and money, plus your sartorial elegance will be the talk of the wedding.

grum
    Free Member

You’re buying a suit just to go to one wedding?

TiRed

Navy blue linen suit. Try Jaeger, I bought a very nice linen wool blend last summer.

somafunk

What would the discerning STW’er wear to a wedding in Rome?

Hmmmm?, a hard one for sure?….

i think i’d wear some form of leg covering, jeans or trousers, perhaps a top (shirt/t-shirt) to cover the upper half and i guess i’d wear some form of footwear as well, if it’s cold i’d wear my beanie (merino of course – i’m not an idiot)

There you go…my top tips for fashion sense in a nutshell.

JoeG
    Free Member

You’re British?

aP
    Free Member

If you’re a Brit, then it’s incumbent upon you to wear British clothing, ranging from Richard James, via Paul Smith (not PS though), ending up somewhere slightly relaxed like Universal Works.
    Alternatively, get off the plane, go straight to la Rinascente and buy your outfit there.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘What would the discerning STW'er wear to a wedding in Rome?’ is closed to new replies.