Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)
  • What would stw do? (video content)
  • wwaswas

Appropriate response?

[video]http://vimeo.com/205179174[/video]

I applaud her. No one should have to put up with that in the street.

jam-bo

i thought it was staged when I first watched it. I’m still not convinced it isn’t

JAG

Totally agree with her right up to the point where she does ‘criminal damage’ to his van.

She should not have to put up with such an idiot but her final action puts her on the wrong side of the law.

Took some balls mind 😆

jekkyl

LOL, nice one.
    Touching her without consent, asking for her number, asking if she’s on her period, insulting her physical appearance. absolute **** scumbags.
    resulting action entirely justified imo

jambourgie
    Free Member

Karma.

wwaswas

her final action puts her on the wrong side of the law

Although, tbh, I can’t see the CPS touching the case with a barge pole – too much mitigation, too much ‘they deserved it’ for a succesful prosecution?

ads678

Can’t say I have a problem with anything she did there. Good on her, it’ll make the idiots think twice next time they start to abuse some one.

alcolepone
    Free Member

good for her, shame it’s probably a works van.

BoardinBob

So many passers by at the traffic lights and not one intervened or said anything 🙁

newrobdob
    Free Member

While I don’t agree with the damage done it certainly was a quick street court hearing and subsequent punishment metered out!

Probably will think twice about doing it again to another female.

jimjam
    Free Member

I’ve done worse so can’t really say anything. Suprisingly easy to rip the mirror off a Transit.

sockpuppet

I have no problem with her behaviour. No one should have to put up with that.

Little else she could have done that might make them think again. This might

Although, it might make them more likely to close-pass other cyclists in future as revenge, so not all roses IMO.

oldnpastit

Nice!

oldschool

Brilliant, they got what they deserved. Imagine it was your wife/girlfriend/daughter, I know I’d be bouncing

hooli

IMO, nobody looks good in that video.

DrP

Sexist.

DrP

redthunder
    Free Member

Good work! About time things should be going the other way.

Why should all the general law abiding people be wall flowers all the time, letting scuz balls get away with it constantly.

Give her a medal.

wilburt
    Free Member

Well done that women, there are too many wing mirrors in this world.

km79
    Free Member

Good for her, shame on the passers by.

weeksy

I’m all good with her reaction there 🙂

scaled
    Free Member

I’m fine with her reaction.

I don’t know why the faces of the vans occupants have been pixelated though.

Make them famous, show their mothers, wives and daughters the sort of people that they are.

Keva
    Free Member

but her final action puts her on the wrong side of the law.

well sometimes the law is a little bit wrong, what she did was entirely justified.

I can remember about 25yrs ago when a work colleague was driving us through London and after eating a sandwich whilst in a traffic jam he opened the van door to brush the breadcrumbs off the seat. A female cyclist promptly hit the open door at quite a speed, she did an endo trying to stop and went kind of sideways over the bars and into the railings. it was quite a crash and she was obviously hurt and very angry at having a door opened on her. My mate apologised profusely several times but she wasn’t having any of it and continued a tirade of abuse at him, at which point he snapped and shouted ‘well why don’t you $£&% off you lesbian £$%&!!!’ – she then pulled the D-Lock off her bike and proceeded to whack it all over the bonnet and the front wing of the van leaving 50p size dents with every hit, about ten of them. Whilst my mate was standing there in shock she then chucked her bike over the railings, leapt over herself and rode off in the opposite direction whilst we were still stuck in the traffic. I thought that was justified too although my colleague wasn’t too impressed!!

senorj

I think they deserved tar & feathers. tossers.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I don’t have too much of an issue with what she did, just a shame it’s unlikely to hurt the scummy drivers.

I guess if she’d known there was a video she could have gone to the filth.

I don’t think it’s staged.

rockhopper70

The billowing scarf close to her rear wheel nearly played a part in that chase down.

scc999

What a pair of oxygen thieves.

For once, I don’t care what the law says – good on her for standing up to them. Hopefully if they do that to another woman she’ll turn out to be a boxer or something and knock their **** teeth out. Scum.

unknown
    Free Member

If that was my van (i.e. the guys worked for me) and I saw that video I’d be taking the cost of the mirror out of their final pay packets.

It might not have been legally sound but I’ve no problem with what she did. Remember she likely felt threatened by two blokes in a big van so the adrenaline would have been pumping.

JoB
    Free Member

i’d have lent her my D-lock

sands
    Free Member

scaled – Member
    Make them famous, show their mothers, wives and daughters the sort of people that they are.

Plus 1

But from the competence of the Wing (Chun) mirror removal, I would hazard a guess that it’s not the first time she’s done that.

If you click on the Vimeo poster’s name, from two other videos, he clearly is involved with bikes:

Cross: 30 seconds of cyclo-cross comedy gold

Danny Macaskill: 49 seconds of err Danny Macaskill

However, on a lighter note, also worth watching…
    Skillz: 53 seconds of “Yeah I’ve got skills – What you gonna do about it?”

letmetalktomark

DrP – Member

Sexist.[/quote]

Proper coffee on keyboard moment there.

A lot not to like in that video; the action of the men in the van, lack of interaction from anyone else, the trailing scarf, the ease that the wing mirror came off (come on Ford) and the snidy comment at the end to the guys in the van from the guy with the camera.

Not good all around.

letmetalktomark

wwaswas are you the one filming?

Cougar

Good on her.

I cannot abide “laddish” behaviour like that, gives the rest of us a bad name. Everyone has the right to go about their business without having to put up with that sort of bullshit.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Good on her, no issue at all and I hope the 2 neanderthals in the van try and report her, be great to see them defend that.
    If it was a sign written van then the pair would/should be getting their marching orders.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No one comes out well there, merely degrees of shit behaviour

RoterStern
    Free Member

Absolutely justified in my eyes. Often the only way to hurt such people is through their wallets.

vondally
    Free Member

Positive affirmative action from the woman, we see 1 minute 30 secs no idea want went on before and if the sexist aggressive action was happening before hand.

The camera person/ motorbike rider whilst I agree with the comments it just was all a bit Sir Percy Blakeney aka Scarlet Pimpernel voice and quote but well done to him for posting.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Seen this vid loads of times now. Great stuff, exactly what the two oafs needed IMO. I’m surprised she didn’t lob the mirror at them for good measure though.

jimjam
    Free Member

teamhurtmore

No one comes out well there, merely degrees of shit behaviour

I dunno about that. Assuming it’s real (and I’m not convinced 100%) it’s two men verbally and physically harassing a lone female. To me it looks like they were using the van ( a deadly weapon) to intimidate too.

So, while the cyclist isn’t blameless her actions are waaaaaaaay down the shit behaviour chart imo.

bails

Absolutely fine with that response tbh. Women have to put up with scumbags like that doing sh#t like that too often and there’s rarely any comeback for it.

allthegear
    Free Member

I would have done the same

Rachel

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘What would stw do? (video content)’ is closed to new replies.