Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • what would Patrick Bateman be listening to today..?
  • yunki
    Free Member

Radio 6 is not an acceptable answer

scaredypants

is it world psycho day already ?

smooth FM, I reckon

Hobster
    Free Member

Public Enemy, Michael Buble and the Mojo album of the month.

finbar
    Free Member

Great question. Bateman was something of an enigma insofar as his taste in music was much less refined and much more mainstream than his taste in other things.

Michael Buble is a good call.

atlaz
    Free Member

Probably whatever was at the top of the charts. You’ll have to look it up for yourself though, I’ve got no clue.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Has to be Coldplay.

finbar
    Free Member

Rihanna.

binners

Coldplay, Snow Patrol, and any other MOR cobblers favoured by the bland-fest that is Radio 2

yunki
    Free Member

Maroon 5

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Yep I’d thought of Moron 5 or may be The Script …. (and yes it does pains me to know they even exist and that I know they name…. shivers)

darrell
    Free Member

Nickelback

Bimbler
    Free Member

Has to be Coldplay.

Is the correct answer.

thepurist

BBC Radio 8 – fictional station for fictional character. Or

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pCZ5E5tn4I[/video]

richmtb

Yeah Coldplay

He’s all about production values through his hi-fi

LoCo
    Free Member

The Script, does a good job of almost turning me in a Psycho if I have to listen to more than 30 seconds 👿

ElShalimo

Dido – the catalyst for many outrages

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I think coldplay is the best call so far they are real musicians even if totally MOR.

It has to be MOR obviously but dont forgot Phil Collins was in Genesis who were well regarded.

What you really need is a band/group that would have been cool or at least technically decent when Bateman was at school/uni, but then sold out and became totally commercial. Or who are very much into stadium type music being the ‘best’ in a very narrow sense ie most sales/tickets/etc

To top it off and be a full fit for bateman, after this commercial success the lead singer should descend into madness when they cant quite reach to be the very “BEST”.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I have encountered a great many patients for whom the “clock stopped” musical-interests-wise roundabout the time of their first big episode of psychosis. So on the basis of how warped his reality is by the end of the book, I would say it’s quite likely that today Bateman would be listening to Genesis, Whitney and Huey Lewis.

philconsequence
    Free Member

julian +1

that or Aphex Twin

or the Spice Girls…. can you imagine the chapter where he describes each spice girls track one by one… “the single ‘two become one’ is a delightful tale of a blah blah blah, ‘wannabe’ is a single that clearly stipulate the importance of social acceptance within a peer group for women before they would consider, and it’s a phrase i loath more than that bitch i sliced open from belly button to jaw with a broken wine bottle last june, make love… a lesson any man about town should learn’

Peyote
    Free Member

What you really need is a band/group that would have been cool or at least technically decent when Bateman was at school/uni, but then sold out and became totally commercial. Or who are very much into stadium type music being the ‘best’ in a very narrow sense ie most sales/tickets/etc

To top it off and be a full fit for bateman, after this commercial success the lead singer should descend into madness when they cant quite reach to be the very “BEST”.

That’d be Oasis for me, all went downhill after album #2.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘what would Patrick Bateman be listening to today..?’ is closed to new replies.