• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jhw.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What would be wrong with mounting a GoPro to a fork stantion?
  • Milky
    Free Member

Any one mounted the GoPro on the fork station at the very top up against the crown? I have a handlebar mount but it won’t go around and part of the frame on my Stumpy and it won’t fit round the fork lowers either. Obviously damaging the stantion would be very bad news but as the very top part never gets near the seals I am thinking there wouldn’t be a problem? Am I being daft?

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

How much stantion is left after full travel is reached, if it is more than the bracket then it would work if it’s less then the seal would hit the bracket.

Also be wary of the crown / fork bridge (the bit that joins each lower leg together) as that could also catch on the bracket?

rucknar
    Free Member

Should be fine as long as your suspension wouldn’t hit the mount under full load.

wwaswas

also check that the camer/mount won’t hit the frame if the fork rotates in a crash.

hugor
    Free Member

Vibration can be a problem when its really bumpy.
    For me the middle link fatigues and fails after a while.
    The main problem when its low and close to the wheel, is that most of your best rides are spoilt by a bit of mud on the camera usually in a critical place of the view.

I’ve shown it a few times but I attach it here using the roll bar mount.

jhw
    Free Member

That is the most preposterous thing I’ve seen in some time 😛

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What would be wrong with mounting a GoPro to a fork stantion?’ is closed to new replies.