Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What work is free?
  • drinkmoreport
    Free Member

What work would you expect a bike shop to do for free?

iainc

their paperwork ?

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Expect? None, really…

geoffj

expect? Nothing

Depends what you mean by free though.

orangeboy
    Free Member

If you exspect somthing for free don’t bother going in

tomhoward

Source me all the parts from a list I give them (while pricematching the cheapest place on the internet) then build said parts into a fully working bike.

They should be glad of my business.

aaaand (/troll]

Nothing, but if they do do stuff free that I expect to pay for, I express my appreciation in cake form.

khani
    Free Member

If I was buying a frame, groupset, forks, wheels and finishing kit I’d expect em to build it up into a bike, but not much more than that, some places will fit parts you’ve bought like forks within reason, but anything needed to fit em like new brake adapters and stuff you’ll be expected pay for,
    but if you’ve bought some cables don’t expect to get em fitted and your gears set up and indexed…
    They are a business and have to pay wages and bills like everyone else..

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

If I bought a headset/fork/High value item etc off them at their price – fit it???

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Source me all the parts from a list I give them (while pricematching the cheapest place on the internet) then build said parts into a fully working bike.

They should be glad of my business.

That isn’t good business

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nothing in this world is free, you will pay for it in some way.

tomhoward

If I was buying a frame, groupset, forks, wheels and finishing kit I’d expect em to build it up into a bike,

Would you be paying RRP for those parts, or expecting a discount off those too?

toby

I’d expect them to put right anything they’d messed up for free.

I’d probably expect them to fit / setup a replacement for something that I’d bought from them and had failed under warranty. (Within reason, as above, not if I’d bought a gear cable from them then fitted it myself.)

khani
    Free Member

Would you be paying RRP for those parts, or expecting a discount off those too?

If I was paying what the shop charged.. If that’s RRP or not, I don’t expect CRC/Merlin prices from an LBS, but luckily my LBS do what they can and I’ll still buy from em even if they can’t match online..
    Nowt like a good fondle before you buy…

tomhoward

I know Shep, I’m just echoing the thoughts of others in a recent thread 8)

Khani, fair play then, it just seems that a few people expect to have X% off RRP ‘because (insert online retailer) is doing it for £sweetFA’ then expect to have it all fitted and set up.

Having their cake and eating it, if you will.

bigblackshed

My LBS either does a good discount or fits it for free based on the ticket price.

Sometimes I get both. Loyal customer.

** This is the same LBS who lent me their Park DAG2 derailleur alignment tool when I was fitting a mates new rear mech. None of it bought from them. “Here, borrow this, bring it back when you’ve finished” Plus I got a cup of coffee both times.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What work is free?’ is closed to new replies.