Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • What Women Want……for Christmas
  • rthomas17
    Free Member

I’m getting some good ideas now – but Mrs rthomas17 is spying on this thread now so I have to keep it secret 😉

ourmaninthenorth

TBH, what I think Mrs North wants is a car. Specifically a VW Beetle (current model).

Which I think is asking a bit much, given that this year I’ve bought her a house….

😉

(Actually, I think she’d like it if I did buy her a car. Just feeling rather skint after buying the house…)

scaredypants

Flying Pony sounds good so far.

Frankly, IMO the polar bear is the pick of the original list – you’ll not be bothered with daft requests next year either, so (nearly) everyone’s a winner

rthomas17
    Free Member

Mrs rthomas17 again…………with all these wonderful suggestions I’m starting to think that perhaps I shouldn’t take ‘him’ at his word and get nothing!!!
    So..any suggestions for the guy who has the gal (obviously!), the camper, the cahinsaw, the zesty, the helmet cam, in fact pretty much everything!!??????? 😉

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

*Yeah, I don’t know what that is either. I think it’s an Irish airline.

Bunnyhop

We don’t buy each other gifts at Christmas. Instead the money goes on a skiing holiday, which we both really enjoy.

For ideas http://emmyjane-design.blogspot.com/ it’s run by 2 STWers who love making things 🙂

totalshell

once bought mrs tts a bread bin.. i wont buy her another,

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

#
    totalshell – Member

once bought mrs tts a bread bin.. i wont buy her another,
    Posted 9 minutes ago # Report-Post

‘But you told me to use my loaf’ etc etc 😈

juan
    Free Member

So..any suggestions for the guy who has the gal (obviously!), the camper, the cahinsaw, the zesty, the helmet cam, in fact pretty much everything!!???????

Another bike…

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I hit the jackpot, one year, with an ice-cream maker!!! Worked for both of us 😀

Mr_C
    Free Member

I once bought my wife an ironing board cover for christmas. Not the whole ironing board, there was nothing wrong with the one she had, apart from the cover being a bit tatty.

She’s now my ex-wife, I’m still not sure where it went wrong.

ononeorange

I hit a result with Mrs O’s birthday last week, I was in a panic the lunchtime before but then went into a bike shop. One Rockshox Reverb seatpost later, result.

Seems to have gone down well, but waiting to see if it comes back up again just as well.

samuri
    Free Member

tickets to x=-factor/strictly/forgotten bands seem to go down well with my missus.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I once bought my wife an ironing board cover for christmas. Not the whole ironing board, there was nothing wrong with the one she had, apart from the cover being a bit tatty.

She’s now my ex-wife, I’m still not sure where it went wrong.

This is the difference between women and men.

Buy a bloke a nice power drill or a socket set for Christmas, and he’s as pleased as punch.
    Buy a woman an iron or a new microwave and she cops a strop!

😉

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Buy a bloke a nice power drill or a socket set for Christmas, and he’s as pleased as punch.
    Buy a woman an iron or a new microwave and she cops a strop!

I’ve also discovered that applying reverse logic, and buying a woman a power drill for Christmas doesn’t make them happy either 😕

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

My dad once bought my mum some axle stands.

samuri
    Free Member

/goes to tiffanys website
    /browses for a few seconds
    /sees prices.

CLOSE!!! CLOSE!!! CLOSE!!!

I’ve also bought my wife a soup making machine, she’ll love that.

The trick is to make sure you include a variety of presents for ladies. It’s no good just buying them a hammer drill. They might really want one (and what girl wouldn’t?) but they want something romantic and girly as well usually.

So also make sure you buy something that makes them feel special while they’re putting those shelves up.

wallop

A soup making machine? Are you being serious? Isn’t it just a saucepan?

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘What Women Want……for Christmas’ is closed to new replies.