Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • What Women Want……for Christmas
  • binners

Any spa in particular?

emma82
    Free Member

See I usually like lots of little things to open so small stuff like chocolates, slippers, some underwear, diary etc maybe a DVD or something, nothing spectacular but I like the ritual of sitting on the bed and I open mine then he gets his out etc etc. It’s fun. That said Mr82 hasn’t quite got the hang of it and ends up buying lots of things but each with a starting value of around £50 then wonders why he’s skint come new year 🙄

bagpuss72
    Free Member

I like opening lots of little things and so I do that for other people and Christmas morning goes on a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time in our house!

cheers_drive

Mine likes to get what she asks for a always writes list whereas I don’t see the imagination in that and prefere to give experiences like a weekend away.
    This year though I’m getting her a Kindle as the amount of useable space in the house is being reduced up by all the chic lit books she read but won’t get rid of. I have a feeling it she wont like it though as she prefers real books and using half our luggage allowance when on holiday for them 😕

alfabus
    Free Member

My missus is often complaining that she doesn’t have any smart/nice clothes to wear, and when she does go shopping she ends up buying very little as she doesn’t like spending money on clothes when she feels she should save it and spend on something else….

so last year I arranged a personal shopper appointment, got her best friend to go along too and gave her a load of money to spend guilt free.

It appears to have been the best present ever, and won me lots of admiring glances from her friends. not sure how I’m going to top it this year.

Dave

mtb2020
    Free Member

@stuey – getting money in a card means you can’t ever be disappointed and then you can have a bit of shopping blitz in the sales … I don’t like it when my parents or friends use their imagination, because they rarely ever get what I want, or buy stuff that they like and usually end up getting back.

And I did say accompany it with a small present. And it’s of no importance at all, but I don’t wear perfume, use face cream, or like diamonds, jewellery, lacy underwear, the latest must-have from Vera Wang. Some women do like this sort of thing. Any money given to me would be part towards a break or day-out in Wales – the remoter the better.

rthomas17
    Free Member

Some good suggestions folks,

I’ve done the “lots of little things” a few times – mostly stuff from hawkings bizarre and poundland – mostly done so that she can see lots of things under the tree for 2 weeks, but ultimately just filling the house up with more junk.

Jewlry and stuff is always tricky – sure my choices would be the equivilant of receiving a supermarket MTB because “I know you like cycling”.

Spa days? she’s not so keen on them.
    Weekends away – we do quite a bit of those already.
    Chocolates – diets!

Money in a card – practical but not romantic – done it a few times though.

Also bought clothes, but kept the receipt because I knew they were going to be exhanged 🙂

I still get reminded about the splattergaurd I bought for the frying pan – that didn’t go down well.

Kindle might work though….

binners

I still get reminded about the splattergaurd I bought for the frying pan – that didn’t go down well.

Sweet Jesus! And you’re still in possession of your testicles after that?! 😯

sunshiner1der
    Free Member

Something that shows you have listened when she wansn’t expecting you to have done.

Mr Sunshiner1der did well last year, buying me my favourite perfume which I haven’t had since well before we met as it’s expensive, and I had only mentioned it once, months before xmas! Along with a few little bits including a jumper in my favourite colour, and a bike computer.

As for what to do if the budget is tight… I had loads of fun buying lots of little things for someone a few years back, they were allowed to open one an hour from 7 am until midnight, it even included a pack of haribo and their favourite cheese!

RichPenny
    Free Member

nothing spectacular but I like the ritual of sitting on the bed and I open mine then he gets his out etc etc. It’s fun.

LOL 🙂

/finbar

organic355
    Free Member

Mine is getting one of these for Xmas, and cannot wait

My wife wants to be hot and get a Bosch for christmas too…..

philconsequence
    Free Member

a tattoo of Hora’s face?

epicyclo

I don’t think my wife likes Xmas.

I have bought her ice tyres each Xmas for the last few years, and she doesn’t show any gratitude. I really don’t think I should have to provide the bike as well.

So this year I’m not going to bother.

Humbug. 😈

RichPenny
    Free Member

Are you creative at all? Anything you could make would go down well IME. And a boiler, obviously. That honestly is what we are getting for christmas. My all time favourite is my mate buying his GF a toaster. To replace one that he broke!

rthomas17
    Free Member

@binners – it wasn’t the main present 😉

Maybe sunshider1der has a point – I’ll start listening and see what that feels like.

@richpenny – don’t think my creative efforts would produce anything worth keeping, and we’ve had a new boiler 2 years ago.

I am the school santa though, so I’ll ask all the kids what their mums would like…

joolsburger
    Free Member

I think an idea of how much you’re prepared to spend would be useful?

In the past things like tiffany silver, show tickets, weekends away, mulberry things, watches and so on have all gone down well.

You’d usually never go wrong with a bottle of Number 5 if you are really that disinterested.

richc
    Free Member

What about this? or do you already have one?

trail_rat
    Free Member

or as one of my colleagues suggested without batting an eyelid or thinking when i read out the title of this thread (its a slow friday whos highlight so far has been googling hayley atwell from captain america ….)

“a crystal dildo”

so i guess i know what his missus is getting this year …..

crankboy
    Free Member

Any one who knows my infinitely better half will be surprised to learn that the gift that caused most pleasure and amusement was a set of agent provocateur nipple tassels bought as a joke to go with some more sensible but sexy underwear.

With a bit of practice you (ie she) really can make them spin in opposite directions.

rthomas17
    Free Member

Mrs rthomas17 here!!!
    Thank you all for your kind suggestions…………some better than others it has to be said! Shetland pony??!!?? hahahahahha!
    My daring husband still has his fishing tackle intact, DESPITE the slatterguard incident as I am a VERY forgiving woman!
    But just for once it would be nice to have a gift that was bought with me in mind, and not a wrapped up campervan magazine that he bought so that he could pass it on to his pal once he’d read it!!! (oh yeah!) Or a pound shop diary with the months in the wrong order……I could go on!
    Still lots of excellent suggestions – I may be high maintenance but I’m SOOOOO worth it!!! LOL :O)

SirJonLordofBike
    Free Member

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Am I the only lady here who’d really like bike bits for Christmas?
    My parents have learnt not to buy me things – they give me money now, although I remember the first year after leaving the (now very) ex-husband I asked for a power drill – took a bit of persuading that was what I really wanted!

allthegear
    Free Member

Well, I keep asking my parents for a torque wrench but my mum keeps insisting on buying me jewellery….

Rachel

juan
    Free Member

See I usually like lots of little things to open so small stuff like chocolates, slippers

Weirdo… I’ll get the tent pitch up in the garden for this one. I don’t know what she want and to be honest I don’t really care. her rear wheel is shagged, and she can barely strech to the 60€ the uber light super white VOMAX rim cost. So santa is going to bring her a hope pro II hub and some DT competition spokes to go with the rim but sush it’s a secret.
    I know I am going to get a massive bollocking from my mum and my sis. But I really really can’t be bother to buy something that will only get use twice.

lapierrelady

Ironman UK entry

restless
    Free Member

my ex bought me a cheapo cordless screwdriver for christmas 😐

i think good gifts are tickets for a concert/show/day out etc. can’t go wrong with that.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I was wondering how long it would take for the spammers to get their teeth into this! mtbheather gets the prize!

##Edit – prompt action from the mods there.

My honest answer – time with me: like a weekend away, theatre tickets for something she likes (and I dont), going with her to something etc etc. Beats Clarins tat by at least 100x!

grantway
    Free Member

What ever you get is not either be the right one or correct colour
    apart from that she loves you LOL

armchairbiker

I bought Tiffany diamond earrings last year to replace a set of non-Tiffany earings where she’d lost one the previous year.

The response…that people wouldn’t be able to tell they were Tiffany and I took them back. Never been so embarrassed when going back to the lovely lady in Tiffanys to get them refunded.

This year she can choose.

wallop

Mine likes to get what she asks for a always writes list whereas I don’t see the imagination in that and prefere to give experiences like a weekend away.
    This year though I’m getting her a Kindle as the amount of useable space in the house is being reduced up by all the chic lit books she read but won’t get rid of. I have a feeling it she wont like it though as she prefers real books and using half our luggage allowance when on holiday for them

I’m with her on this one. I just love the smell of books! I love nothing more than buying piles of books. I have lots that I haven’t even read yet. I like to pick and choose 5 to take on holiday with me. For a week.

wallop

Back to the OP.

Always some nice things here:

http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/

Or how about some nice Chanel beauty products? They do some lovely moisturisers which I’m always reluctant to buy for myself – they seem a bit indulgent (plus there’s always bike stuff I need more), but would love to receive them as a gift.

What about a luxury cashmere pashmina? Go careful on the colour though – make sure you play it safe, and think about the predominant colour in her wardrobe. Soft pink, grey, black are always good options.

Does she do smart work attire? I have a really nice leather case – an alternative “bag for life”. Of course if you really wanted to splash out then you can’t go wrong with Mulberry…

For something a bit cheaper – something nice from The White Company. Even if it’s a pair of slippers or a nice bathrobe – anything purchased from there is to die for IMO. The candles make nice stocking fillers.

onehundredthidiot

Not a Slendertone.

Mate had a stoney couple of days after that one.

DrJ

getting money in a card means you can’t ever be disappointed and then you can have a bit of shopping blitz in the sales .

Giving money is just not the right spirit, IMO. It changes the nature of the occasion. It’s like – suppose you go to dinner at a friends house and at the end you stand up and say “That was a great meal. So great that I’m giving you ten quid”, and you get out your wallet.

An exaggeration, of course, but just to illustrate the point that money messes up social stuff. YMMV.

cinnamon_girl

😆 @ mrs rthomas17

cinnamon_girl

Tomorrow until Sunday there is 25% off everything at Monsoon and Accessorize.

Monsoon code is MONNOV25%WS

Accessorize code is ACCNOV25%WS

Happy shopping. 🙂

rthomas17
    Free Member

thanks wallop and cinnamon girl, looks like my lunchtime will spent on different websites than usual….

stayhigh

Each year I end up getting Mrs stayhigh some Chanel perfume & Clinique make up she likes but doesnt buy herself as its expensive. I’m thinking of getting a perfume collection box or 2 this year as well as she says she’d like some different fragrances but doesnt know what she likes.

Anyone recomend a good perfume/makeup site rather then House of Fraser?

There will also be some little things like a nice wooly scarf and/or pashmina, some bright, stripey longsocks, a pair of leather driving gloves, an mp3 player with nice earphones and maybe something else if I can stretch to it.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

30% off a GAP until 27th I think too. GAPSAVE30 at the checkout.

j3ffo
    Free Member

Mrs Fo got a nice handbag and matching purse last year. She loved them. A luxuary dressing gown and matching slippers has gone down well previously. HTH

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘What Women Want……for Christmas’ is closed to new replies.