Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • what winter riding clothes gets your vote.
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Anybody know if Aldis will be selling any winter softshells?I could do with one.

Northwind

It’s not often I end up wearing really warm kit, tbh… My standard setup is altura attack waterproof shorts, sealskinz mid thermals, knee pads (which double as warmers!) and then generally up top just a standard t-shirt riding top, with a thermal base under it or a cheap fleece on top. If it’s windy, maybe a light waterproof on top of that, or my heavier duty waterproof instead of hte thermal/fleece

On the road, a wee bit more wind protection- fleecy ear warmer, buff with a hole cut in it for the mouth, so I can wear it right over my face, all Rubberbandit. And of course the Aldi softshell, king of garments- too hot for mountain biking frankly but good for the road at the cold end of things.

And lastly, the mighty Fox Antifreeze gloves. I’ve got fairly poor hand circulation, and there’s only 2 gloves I’ve used that’ll keep my fingers operational- these, and my winter motorbike gloves. Every other winter riding glove I’ve tried has been **** frankly. But i have not tried ’em all.

People slag Sealskinz, I think if you get a set that works and look after them then they’re fine personally. A little water gets in sometimes but they still keep me warm. And once it actually gets cold, there’s hardly any water anyway!

This lot keeps me riding for as long as it’s really possible to ride a regular bike… Once there’s a couple of feet of snow I give up 😉

gee111
    Free Member

Thanks for all the comments its been educational for sure. Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘what winter riding clothes gets your vote.’ is closed to new replies.