Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • What white rims?
  • Tiboy

Now I know that I’m going to get a bit of abuse for this, but I fancy putting white rims on my spesh enduro, which i brown, so reckon it would look pretty good. Looking for something of a similar width adn weight to a 719 rim, but don’t want to go down the route of bespoke powdercoating. Recommendations welcome please!

druidh
    Free Member

Syncros do various widths.

thomthumb
    Free Member

stans ztr and various bontrager rims (bonty site doesn’t show rims; you’ll have to ask down the LBS) come in white also

DustyLilac
    Free Member

Halo Freedom Disc, strong, reasonably light, reasonable width

Tiboy

I’d seen the syncros rims, and liked the look of them, but had’t found many reviews?

sofatester
    Free Member

Oh dear.

sheldona
    Free Member

I’m using Velocity Rims on my new build but they were proper pricey and hard to get hold of 🙁

Tiboy

Sheldona, thanks, but they don’t sound a great option!

druidh
    Free Member

I’m using the Syncros FLR DS23s on my Meta and they’ve been just fine. Reasonable weight, I’m running some Spesh 2.3 tyres (Spesh come up big).

They’re rims, I’m not expecting magic.

Tiboy

Cool, thanks Druidh, I’m running 2.35 Nevegal/blue groove combo at the moment, so good to here the DS23s are ok with tires this size. How quickly have they got tatty? if indeed they are tatty now!?

druidh
    Free Member

Tatty? On my bike? I think not!

Had them for about 18 months and they’re as good as new.

Tiboy

Haha, fair enough, was a bit worried that they might get scratched and chipped easier as they are powdercoated instead of anodised like most black rims are.

konakulakid
    Free Member

syncros dp28, just had mine built……….pimpin

sheldona
    Free Member

They are good though and the only white rim in 27.5″ 🙂

tops5
    Free Member

I’ve got syncros AM DS rims in white – had no problems with them and quite like the matt finish, 28mm wide running 2.25 fat alberts with no probs.

Guess they are a bit lighter than the FR ones.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Alex make white rims. Similar in weight and width to a Mavic 717.
    Not sure how available they are aftermarket, but they have been great rims for me.

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Halo Freedom rims all the way. Very strong, cheapish and look good. Spank Subrosa are nice too, as are Sun Equalizer rims as used on Commencal bikes.

I was going to buy some Syncros Ds 28’s, but LBH owner told me about loads of rim failures. I didn’t listen as I still wanted them, so called Stiff (Syncros importers) only to be told that none were available as there was a flaw with the design, and Syncros were redesigning them. This was in Oct/Nov? last year so no doubt the new ones are fine but kind of put me off them.

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Had 29″ Halo Freedoms for about 5 months and they are sweet 8)
    Guess if the 29’s stay straight the 26ers stand a good chance 😉

Tracey

White Syncros 25s on two of our bikes, no problems at all

Tracey

I_Ache
    Free Member

Got these on my Enduro they are nice stronger than %.1s and lighter than 321s so quite a good middle ground.

Bit miffed that I managed to blast off some of the powdercoat yesterday when cleaning but I think thats because I was using a power washer and there was a scratch there. Oh well its only a bike.

Wotan

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i’ve freedomdisc 29 rims, which are fantastic, as others have said…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘What white rims?’ is closed to new replies.