Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • What whisky for a beginner?
  • fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

jura origin is a good place to start if you like that try jura superstition one of my favs and then i would recommend talisker my all time fav tipple from there just explore and enjoy 😀

athgray
    Free Member

+1 for Balvenie Doublewood.
    Anything distilled or finished in sherry casks tends to be slightly sweeter and deeper in colour.
    I would also include Macallan in the gold bottle or Bushmills in that.
    Some of the lowland whiskies although not complex are pleasant enough if starting out. Glenkinchie is quite nice.

sparksmcguff

Go for the Islay malts, if you don’t like them then try the Highland malts, don’t like those then try the Speyside stuff. Caol Ila is pure nectar – think sweet smoked honey. Mmmmmm. For the best deals – well Isley only has top quality distilleries so nip into Sainburies or Asda and get one of their unbranded Islay malts.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Was up in innerleithen this weekend gone and while a friend and I were in the Traquair Arms staring at the whiskeys wondering where to start we were given the “whiskey menu” and the guy next to us started giving us advice.
    The choices he recommended were the Macallan, Dalwhinnie or he had a Oban in his hand. Can’t remember which of those three I tried (with 2 blocks of ice…) but I realised that I needed to drink more and pull less silly faces.

_tom_
    Free Member

Laphroaig is well nice 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘What whisky for a beginner?’ is closed to new replies.