Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What wheelset for a Turner DW 5 Spot??
  • dickie
    Free Member

Considering purchase of a new wheelset for my DW 5 Spot – 14 stone rider.
    They need to be tubeless ready & qr15mm front axle.

Currently thing of a Hope ProII Evo on ZTR Arch EX – who’s cheapest?

Would ZTR Crest be too light?

What else is worth considering around £300ish?

granny_ring

Not used them myself but would have thought flows would be a better bet than the crests but would depend how hard you ride on the bike I guess

ruscle
    Free Member

Arch rims are very tough imo, flows are tougher and will give a better tyre profile.

Digger90
    Free Member

All Stans ZTR rims are great – I have a set of Flows and a set of Crest’s on Hope Pro II’s – both for my 5 Spot.

Use the Flows for ‘big days out’ like FoD, Morzine etc and the Crests all year round. The Crests can certainly take a hammering, that’s for sure – mine are 2yrs old, thrashed each week, and still perfect. The Flows even more so….

Vortexracing

I ended up dinging my 2 sets of 355’s, so went for the Arch EX from Merlin, just over £300 IIRC for my 5 spot.

they seem great.

I use 5.1’s for silly stuff

dickie
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies

dickie
    Free Member

Anyone used Dave Hinde recently??
    I’ve heard all the problems & suffered myself but that was over 6+ years ago.

Hope ProII/ZTR Arch EX all black coming up at £300 at Dave Hinde – more elsewhere & Merlin out of stock on Arch EX rims.

honourablegeorge

Check Winstanleys, they were cheapest for Hope heels when I bought mine

honourablegeorge

dickie – Member

Anyone used Dave Hinde recently??

A friend unwittingly ordered two wheelsets from him in the summer, had an absolute nightmare, took months to arrive, was lied to about the wheel s being “in the post” several times, and I believe he ended up with a Deore rear hub having paid for Hope after all that.

dickie
    Free Member

Hope ProII/Arch Ex not listed at Winstanleys.

neninja
    Free Member

Give Moonglu a call too. He built my Pro2/Arch wheelset and it’s not needed anything doing to it in getting on for 2 years riding now. I see they are now using the Arch EX which is wider and lighter than the Arch but just as strong.

I know other people on here rate his wheelbuilds too.

http://www.moonglu.com/

fathomer

I got mine from Moonglu as well, they’ve been spot on, though they are a bit more than £300.

honourablegeorge

+1 on Moonglu who were excellent for another mate’s build.

granny_ring

Got some hope hoops for £240 when wiggle had their sale on a couple of months ago, worth checking around. Not sure if they do arch tho defo crest and flow.

neil853
    Free Member

Not sure on price but for wheel building quality Paul Hewitt Cycles (Leyland) are amazing. I wouldn’t go anywhere else

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What wheelset for a Turner DW 5 Spot??’ is closed to new replies.