Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • what wheels to keep and what to sell
  • funkyhooda
    Free Member

decided to upgrade my wheelset (mavic F519 with deore disc hubs dt spokes all in silver) nothing wrong with them just fancied some black wheels. found a pair of wheels second hand (sun ringle hubs mavic en321 disc rims and dt swiss spokes) which are nice, then i got another set of wheels (F – dt swiss hub e540 rim and dt swiss spokes, R – xt disc hub dt swiss 4.1d rim and dt swiss spokes).

Went to transfer my tyres etc to the dt swiss wheels and noticed they are presta valve. the ringle wheels are schraeder valve for which i have a few tubes (just in case).

Question – i now have 3 sets of wheels and need to sell 2 sets, which ones do i keep?

TheSwede
    Free Member

Ideally, you should sell the two pairs you don't want to keep and keep the pair you want to keep.

funkyhooda
    Free Member

they are all good wheels, 1 is freeride orientated, one is xc orientated and the other i am not sure about. i was wandering what is the general opinion of the best wheels from what i have? i am not the lightest of riders but do enjoy mainly XC (nant yr arian and brechfa trails for example) don't want anything for big drops just something strong and fast that will last a while. i dont really want the hassle of selling 3 sets of wheels to get a set i really want (which was my first thought)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘what wheels to keep and what to sell’ is closed to new replies.