Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What wheel truing stand to buy ?
  • onandon
    Free Member

I’ve been after a free standing wheel truing stand for a while but can’t make up my mind what to buy.

Minoura or m-wave look to be good value for money.
    Anything else I should be looking at?

RustyMac
    onandon
    Free Member

I saw that one but it’s way too basic.
    I need proper vertical and horizontal markers or I may as well continue
    to use tip ties and my frame 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

The unior will do what you ask … Just not all at once 🙂

The mwave looks good the minoura looks poor.

leeroybrown
    Free Member

I made mine using the wheel pro book, cost me next to nought

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

After 8 years of using the Park Pro Park Pro one at Halfords I built my own one using the Wheel Pro book. Wheel Pro Wheel Jig IMO the Wheel Pro one is better – partly becuase it’s more solidly built than the Park one, but also becuase it’s much easier to have the freely moving guides, rather than having to adjust constantly:
    Guides.

onandon
    Free Member

I usually go for park tools but neither of their stands really offer what I’m looking for.

The wheel pro stand isn’t an option. if I’m honest I just can’t be bothered to build one.

I have to be able to use horizontal and vertical incense to use at the same time.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I have the tacx bench mount one my self at home.

It does all i can ask of it really but im nolonger building for money just fun it does horizontal and vertical. Looks flimsy but actually holds steady . After 8 years as a professional mechanic. I dont rate the park pro much either , my favorite was a really old cast unior one we inherited from a retiring fella – from way back when unior made tools you wanted.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What wheel truing stand to buy ?’ is closed to new replies.