Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What websites give simple advice on buying a new tv? (Yawn I know..)
  • edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Hi,

As title really. I’m looking for advice on what the different technology is and what is good to get and why..

Thanks,

TomB

I find the singletrack forum pretty good for this sort of thing. Give it a try. (not so good for bike related stuff though…)

lucky7500

Bit of a retro (or possibly old fashioned) response, but I’d recommend picking up a current issue of what hi-fi. They seem to have tv tests pretty much every issue and a comprehensive guide to more or less everything available in the back. They tend to be good at explaining jargon as well.

Or, just get a mid range Samsung and be done with it. 🙂

houndlegs
    Free Member

avforums is good, but they can get a bit in depth on there.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Cheers for suggestions.

@tomb – I’ll try question here then.

We have a really good, newish, Hummax freeview box with large disk capacity for recording. Feeview has all the channels we’ll ever need (in Freeview’s curent capacity).

Therefore, all we need is a new tv (region of £250-300) that’ll work well with it. Won’t be looking to hook up to the internet etc.

Any suggestions? On initial browsing I fear we’ll be paying for technology we won’t use or already have, that will then detract from potential quality of actual tv within our price range..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What websites give simple advice on buying a new tv? (Yawn I know..)’ is closed to new replies.