• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by toby1.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What waterproof trousers for commuting?
  • thorpie
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend some waterproof trousers that don’t make me look like MC Hammer? Tried Endura MT500 and just tried some Altura Attacks in size small, still massive around the knees and sit too high. They are mainly for commuting, I am a 30/31 waist and 31 leg. Doesn’t seem to be much out there!

mattyfez

I’ve got some regatta ‘pack-it’ over trousers, not bad but not sure how they’d stand up to a daily commute rather than occasional use.
    But they are only about 5 quid so if they last 6 months not too bad.

Straight legs but the bottom of the right leg needs straping or tucking into sock as it catches my chain ring.

CraigW
    Free Member

I have Montane Atomic trousers, they are a fairly slim fit. I’m also a 30 waist, small size fits me fine anyway.
    They have velcro straps on the ankles, so you can tighten them up to stop them flapping and getting caught in the chain.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trademark
    Free Member

On a recent thread here, Berghaus Deluge trousers were favoured by a few.

thorpie
    Free Member

I can only assume that the more mountain bike type trousers are designed with knee pads in mind, they all seem to be massive around the knee!

nedrapier

RAF goretex overtrousers. Blue. (Sensible blue not Enduro Blue)

Come up big if worn as trousers. I can check the size of mine tonight. I think they’re Small – they fit well, I’m 31″ inseam, 32″ waist.

antigee

polaris surge recently purchased to replace a similar polaris product that had lasted very well I’m 32/30 and seem to be a reasonable fit compared to some others

iainc

the cheap Tenn ones look worth a punt

lunge

I’ve given up finding anything suitable and just wear thermal tights that stay reasonably warm when wet.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i don’t really like commuting in my berghaus deluge pants; they feel a bit too baggy/flappy. i got some endura superlites last year for this purpose instead, and they’re spot on.

ricardo666
    Free Member

I bought some Gill overpants from wiggle when I started commuting on the bike. They/I look naff but have stopped me from having a soggy bottom.

toby1

Unless you are immune to sweat I’d opt for something thin and quick drying.

Personally waterproofs just lead to the boil in the bag effect for me, although you don’t sound as well insulated as me, 30″ waist, pah, that’s my left leg 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What waterproof trousers for commuting?’ is closed to new replies.