• This topic has 104 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • what waterproof shorts for this winter ?
  • PrinceJohn

exxpozed in germany.

boxxer7
    Free Member

exposed seem to be sold out, I have a feeling i will be a medium, can only find the small and XL ones. Found another german site but they won’t let me register with a uk postcode.

jam-bo

even sweet only had S & XL on their website.

iainc

grahamattenn – I bought your ones from your eBay store earlier in this thread and they are as yet unworn. Can’t see contact details, will you exchange them for the reinforced updates ? Email in profile. Thanks.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Since I can’t find the Mudrides in large I think I’ll take a chance on the Royal Storm ones. Anyone using them?

duncancallum

I’m happy enough with my tenns. I don’t expect any short
    To be waterproof as such. But no trench arse is desirable

Had half a dozen rides in them.the cuts not as good as my altura but the big Velcro waste straps are ace.

Cheap n if they last a winter I’m happy.

iainc

just to add that I contacted Graham at Tenn on the back of his earlier post re feedback being actioned and he’s mailed me back already, so quiet excellent customer service. Like 🙂

Garry_Lager

Another one happy with a pair of Tenns – they’re a good fit for me and had em out in some horrible conditions. Be interested to see how long they last, but at the price I’ll not be complaining if they see out the winter.

iainc

first outing in the Tenns tonight and they were spot on. Good fit and wide waistband stops them sliding down much over bibs. Proper wet and manky and they did their job fine. Hosed down and now in the wash 🙂

Chipbutty
    Free Member

I contacted Sweet Protection asking when they are expecting Mudrides in large. I was told next spring/summer!!!

boxxer7
    Free Member

I had the same response last year when I was after a helmet, seems they do only one production run a year

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Pair of these cut down. Durable, comfy, dry…and £15 a pair. Into my second season and still fully dry butt.

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/shop/trousers/raf-wet-weather-goretex-trousers-686938.html

thepodge
    Free Member

How do those size up as they are exactly what I’ve been considering. 36″ is comfy / baggy on me

iainc

^^^ the tenn ones are only £20 and already cut to the right length 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

My Tenn ones are rubbish, too many features & not enough quality.

Press-studs have pulled out
    Zips constantly snagging & jamming
    Velcro curled & catches my leg
    Bum panels looking worn

tom.nash

Sweet Protection Mudrides are the nutz, the thick material on the seat is great against the Scottish grit! If Stif don’t have them, you can still get them here (but only in limited sizes): https://shop.sweetprotection.com/sp_uk/mountain-bike/technical-clothing/mudride-shorts

therag
    Free Member

I’ve got a brand new pair of Altura attack shorts size large that are too big for me. £35 plus postage if anyone wants them. I can’t post until Saturday tho.

johnnystorm

I’ve finally got around to trying out my DHB Flashlight waterproof shorts. They only have a pocket on the arse and the fly is just velcro but the waist is nicely elasticated and they seem sturdy without being like canvas. The medium is spot on for a 32/33″ waist and they sit just above my knee.

PrinceJohn

Mudrides kept my bum dry in Wales at the weekend.

Anyone got any cleaning tips for them?

jam-bo

After hosing mine down with the bike after every ride for the last ten rides, I soaked them in hot water in the bath last night, gave them a scrub and they’ve come up pretty clean. shame they’ll get just as dirty again tonight.

iainc

well my tenn ones have now been through the grinding paste that is the west of Scotland slop for a load of rides, and have been washed in with the rest of my kit about 10 times. They are holding up well, the seat panel is definitely looking a bit worn, but stitching all intact. I reckon they have a good amount of life left and for the £20 they cost I’m pretty pleased. Looking forward to seeing the new versions, with extra set reinforcement when the come out though.

As an aside, I got one of their winter weight jerseys, this one over the festive period and have used it both on and of road for a few rides. First impressions are that it is pretty decent – as warm as my Endura Windchill, a bit more fitted and good water repelance so far. Killer value at £25…

karnali
    Free Member

Cancel that found info elsewhere on the jacket

jsync

***Thread update required***

I’ve just warrantied my 18 month old Altura Attacks as the tape has come off the seams and I never found them that waterproof really. So I’m looking for a replacement, preferably 3/4 length. Now that we’ve had a bit more rain there should be a few more miles on the ones mentioned in this thread. From what I’ve seen the Mudrides seem good, but does the small fit a 32″-33″ inch waist? I like the look of the Royal Racing Storm too, any feedback on these? Or was I just unlucky with the Attacks and I should give them another go???

Thanks,

jam-bo

Mudrides are still as good as they were. Seem to be holding up well. I’m 32″ waist and they are a snug fit over bin shorts. There isn’t a lot more leeway, but then I have some medium sweet shorts that fall down.

iainc

I bought a pair of Royal Storm ones but sent them back as couldn’t justify £90 for them. That would be 4 pairs of tenn ones and a tenner change 🙂

I did however recently get some Endura MT500 spray baggy 3/4’s which are doing a grand job.

Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘what waterproof shorts for this winter ?’ is closed to new replies.