Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What waterproof gloves…
  • Kryton57

Good to 0 degrees, not too thick as I need the feel for road and MTB, replacing worn Endura strikes which filled with water this weekend.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sealskinz for me.

shredder
    Free Member

Endura Nemo.

Wally

Aldi.

johnnystorm

Glacier gloves perfect curves if for weekly rides (get smelly if used every day.

fudge9202
    Free Member

After many threads on the subject here I bought the Scott Mind gloves, been out in lashing rain and dry cold winds and they are absolutely brilliant.

TheSanityAssassin

Next pair I get will be an oversize pair of those window cleaner’s gloves, so I can put a liner glove underneath. Everything else I’ve ever tried has filled with water after half an hour or so.
    Why manufacturers don’t make gloves with an elasticated/neoprene cuff that doesn’t allow water to run directly down the wrist into the glove completely baffles me. And the same for SealSkinz socks too. Why do they have a wicking cuff that draws water straight inside? Bloody stupid.

neilpass
    Free Member

i was thinking yesterday, as my hands were getting wet and cold as my wind proof Endura gloves were letting the rain in, if I had some large rubber doctors type gloves I could carry a pair in my pocket and pull them over my normal gloves in the event of wet weather, one time use, lightweight

allfankledup

Decathlon neoprene btwin jobs….Btwin neoprene gloves

Northwind

Nemos aren’t waterproof, or at least mine aren’t- first ride today, they leak through the seams. They’re supposed to be seam welded but either aren’t, or it’s done badly. Same old Endura 🙁

Perfect Curves are genuinely waterproof, but they’re bulky, it’s like having foam grips wrapped round your fingers. I don’t actually find it a problem but it feels weird. And yes they do quickly smell rank and they’re useless if it’s not properly cold as they’re just too warm. I’ve got fairly bad circulation so I need a warmer glove than most folks, these are like voodoo in proper winter, never found a cycling glove that can even really keep me functioning but these keep me comfortable.

(the only other thing that cuts it is my old motorbike gloves but they have absolutely no feel)

epicyclo

The solution is pogies aka handlebar muffs and they keep your hands warmer.

Nothing else works over the course of several hours in the rain.

No matter how waterproof the glove, unless your bars are higher than your elbows, water will run down your arm into the big hole at your wrists.

The alternative is a jacket with long sleeves that overlap the gloves and which has a waterproof cuff.

scotroutes

doubledunter
    Free Member

Never came across proper waterproof gloves yet, prefer to wear a pair then carry another 2 pair in my bag, swap when necessary :/

vickypea
    Free Member

My sealskins were waterproof but suddenly weren’t on Saturday when I wore them for a ride in the pouring rain!

butcher

No matter how waterproof the glove, unless your bars are higher than your elbows, water will run down your arm into the big hole at your wrists.

The simple answer to that surely, is to put the cuffs of your waterproof jacket over your gloves…

The problem I find, with the gloves I’ve had, is they’re all designed to be water-resistant on the top half, which works fine for short rides, or in light rain. But in more persistent rain, they begin to soak through less protected areas. Opening wet gates always seems to be a sure-fire way to get your hands wet too – soaks straight through from the bottom.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What waterproof gloves…’ is closed to new replies.