Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What water resistant shorts?
  • jonnyrockymountain

As title any thoughts or recommendations

rickmeister

Enjoying my Maloja shorts, Seem to be holding up well … and they are quite orange. wind resistant and water resistant..

ceepers

Madison tempest here. Impressed so far, only 3 rides old so no idea on longevity

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Madisons for me as-well. Had them a while and like them.

CheesybeanZ

MT500s work for me .

skydragon
    Free Member

Madison and MT500’s both are good choices imho, although I’m unsure of which is the most robust under heavy use.

fudge9202
    Free Member

MT500 here,had one pair that leaked after a few months, no quibble replacement by Endura, new ones haven’t leaked yet so hats off to Endura

medoramas
    Free Member

I’ve been using Madison Tempest for two years now – they are holding up nicely! From time to time I treat them with NikWax treatments.

I don’t wear them when it’s dry and above 5° – “boiled in a bag”. But when it’s wet, cold and windy – they are awesome. They don’t keep your legs dry (they are shorts…), but the cojones are kept in comfort :mrgreen:

Northwind

Altura Attacks are full waterproof rather than water resistant but still highly recommended from me (I’ve got a pair of Altura Shields which have the waterproof bum and everything else just normal, and it sounds like a good idea on paper but in practice I’d almost always sooner just wear the Attacks

trambler

I find MT500’s good, the water resistant panel at the back does as it’s supposed to and keeps the worst out. Not used any others. They have fallen apart over time, but everything does, so no complaints.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Have had a few pairs of MT500’s & like them, got some Altura’s for my son & they seem OK however I recently ordered some Mavic H2o’s partly due to the reviews and the price was half that of any UK stockiest, bike discount de, very quick with the order too, think I paid just over 50 quid & so far I’m impressed though the feel is very light compared to the MT500’s, good old British winter will soon tell if their up to it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What water resistant shorts?’ is closed to new replies.